I made a stamped metal motor dataplate anyone interested ?

While I had the cover off my 48cc grubee roundhead clutch linkage, I looked closely at the little Yuan Dong metal plate that said the motor is a 48cc/2hp engine. I figured the plate might hopefully save me from excessive harrasment someday. Unfortuately the important info is only painted on. I decided to make a more durable, official looking tag as replacement. I have an embossing press which makes tags used on foundry patterns. The raised letter are pressed into an aluminium strip. The one I made for my motor is 1/2 inch wide by three inches long. The ends are curved and punched with a hole where the plate can be riveted on. Double stick andhesive such as car emblems are mounted with or epoxy could also be used. If it is okay with Tom, Augidog and forum policy, I will make these available to forum members for a small fee to cover materials cost and mailing. Since I wouldn't know what size engine you actually have, I'll have to make them all say 48cc hehehehehehe!




Hey Rif, just PM me, we can work out the details or ride you new whizzer on over a test ride and I'll make 'em while you watch.
Hi Ps

we want sellers to be honest with us, about what size engines they are selling, then we as consumers should do right by our bikes CC!
Wear the helmet, get your license, and treat it like the moped laws...I had a moped in 1978 and I needed to be licensed. I believe with the price of gas, which I believe will top $4.00 bucks this summer where i live!COPS will be looking more to us the bike rider!
Just my input ps...have a good day... :)
Trouble is most states require that motor assist bikes have no more than 1 HP motors. Other than that you are not in compliance.
If you make one that says 48 or 50 cc 1 hp I'd buy it, contact me LDBeachtec@hotmail.com
Use rivets to install those and it would look OEM if you mount it straight and all that.