I need a horn!

Marktur

Local time
2:26 AM
I scared the cr_p out of a pedestrian on the sidewalk today. She SCREAMED when I passed her...she was wearing an iPod and I came up around her on the right, then she swayed to the right, so I went on the left...not even close but she was definitely startled...I was doing about 10...slowed down with clutch in. She had her back to me, and was going in the same direction as me.

I felt bad. She was embarrassed, but I should have called to her I realize now to make sure she knew I was coming - it could have been a bad scene in a split second. I was on the sidewalk because it was that short section on Boynton Beach Blvd where the bike path "disappears" for about 2 blocks.

So I need to get a horn for sure. Recomendations? Links please. Thanks.

Man, it's not like driving in a very safe SUV..you need to really be aware of your surroundings. I also don't like my mirror - it's too small. That I'll take care of shortly, too.

OK...on a good note, I'm just about done making a headlight based on two "Instructables" http://www.instructables.com/id/BIKE-LIGHT-500-Lumen-"Mt.Bike"-for-under-10-bucks-/?ALLSTEPS
Pix tomorrow after I finish it. :)

Thats what I was thinking, canned air horn. Either that or just get a regular bike horn, with the bulb and the horn.

I have a horn I'm going to mount when I get a chance. It's the original horn off my old GPX250 m/c. Lol, I pulled it off when I replaced it with a set of Air horns. Scared the bejsus out ofr many a cager who tried to kill me! :)

Back