I need money...

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
4:37 AM
Hello! My name is Zach, i'm 14 years old and live in what seems to be the worlds smallest town. The biggest company here is a subway, only fast food chain. I have applied at EVERY single buisness in the town, declined for all. (Not sure why i have great grades, great manners, and a wonderful work ethic). I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions so I can get some money, so i can get a motor ready frame. I know there is going to be a bunch of people saying "You don't need a motor ready frame, get a cranbrook!" and stuff like that but it's kind of just a want. How can i even get money to afford a cranbrook? My old bike bent and cracked and i got a new wheel and the wheel they gave me was broken! I did get a refund though. How do i get a job? Ive tried all buisnesses, friends, family. and i just wanna afford something. please help.

Not trying to discourage you but if you live in the USA, there isn't many places that will legally allow you to operate a gas powered engine vehicle on the public roadways at 14. Many places won't allow you to operate an electric bicycle until you're at least 16. My state Tennessee, will allow you to operate a gas or electric bicycle at 15. Provided you have a learner's permit, stay within 7 miles of your residence and only in the daylight hours.

Look up your local statutes for motorized bicycles/mopeds many places consider them to be the same thing. My state Tennessee statute is 55-8-101(35). If you don't know your local statutes; you don't know your laws.

Hello! My name is Zach, i'm 14 years old and live in what seems to be the worlds smallest town. The biggest company here is a subway, only fast food chain. I have applied at EVERY single buisness in the town, declined for all. (Not sure why i have great grades, great manners, and a wonderful work ethic). I am wondering if you guys have any suggestions so I can get some money, so i can get a motor ready frame. I know there is going to be a bunch of people saying "You don't need a motor ready frame, get a cranbrook!" and stuff like that but it's kind of just a want. How can i even get money to afford a cranbrook? My old bike bent and cracked and i got a new wheel and the wheel they gave me was broken! I did get a refund though. How do i get a job? Ive tried all buisnesses, friends, family. and i just wanna afford something. please help.
It might be meager earnings, but collect beer and pop cans from the side of the highway and side roads.

Hello! My name is Zach, i'm 14 years old and live in what seems to be the worlds smallest town.
What State are you in???...Does your State allow 14 yr olds to work while also going to school at your age.

Also would need to check the laws for your State regarding License, registration, etc as well...At 14 you might not yet qualify to street ride a motorised bicycle yet due to your age...Most States won't even let you until your at least 15...DAMIEN

What State are you in???...Does your State allow 14 yr olds to work while also going to school at your age.

Also would need to check the laws for your State regarding License, registration, etc as well...At 14 you might not yet qualify to street ride a motorised bicycle yet due to your age...Most States won't even let you until your at least 15...DAMIEN
I think there's still a few states which still allow 14 but they require a moped license.

It's time to network with your neighbors kid. Buy a rake and rake leaves, wash cars, cut grass. When I was 13 I used my paper route to ID old folks on it and asked them if they needed help with anything and they kept me busy doing odds and ends. Minimum wage here is $12 an hour so I'd start there plus any expenses if use fuel or what ever.

When I was 15 I ended up flipping a few lawnmowers to afford my first motorized bike. Look on Facebook marketplace and see if anyone is giving away a bike or is relatively cheap. (ie 10-20$) a prebuilt is gonna be WAYY out of your budget (we talking like 500$-900$+)

Drive around your neighborhood either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning (trash day) that's how i found my first mower.

Try getting a old name brand mountain bike (such as diamond back, or trek) rather than a beach cruiser style since your gonna have more issues with the coaster rear wheel (although they look better, the rear wheel is gonna screw you over)

Im from michigan, Its the law that you gotta be 15 but I have had some conversations with my local poliece sherrif. People ride four wheelers arround town there is not that many rules. He said as long as I follow traffic laws n stay withiin the limits ill have no issues. I do appreciate all of the help, im going to try popcans and fixing my grandmas old mower. Could make big money with that one. Thank you all any more suggestions are appreciated

Back