I need speed and load rated tyres for UK

Discussion in 'Laws, Legislation & Emissions' started by ronsworkshop, Jan 9, 2008.

  1. ronsworkshop

    ronsworkshop New Member

    Can anyone tell me where i can get speed and load rated tyres for a motorized push bike 26 inch wheels so as i can make my bike road legal in the UK.

  2. gone_fishin

    gone_fishin Guest

    hi ron...one request for help in the proper place is all that's needed...meantime how about you post an "introduce yourself" so we know who it is needs our help, it's forum policy :)
  3. ron after your introduction, i'd like to here how your going about getting your bike road legal, as i also live in the uk, regards bill
  4. OldPete

    OldPete Guest

    I can not find it but there is a web page dedicate to a guys work on being legal in the UK. I will look for it again. It has a yellow background and is listed with a bunch of other motor assisted bicycle owners sites. I should have bookmarked it.
  5. oldpete i think i may have seen it, i think it was a 4 stroker he had to get sva'd and had problems with the rear number plate and he had to put an iluminated speedo on and even a lock, i may be mistaken, so i hope yours turns up. regards bill
  6. JemmaUK

    JemmaUK Guest

    You dont need speed rated tyres..

    The machine must have no areas of sharp metal (pedestrians) and have suitable brakes - good rim brakes are ok but the fade in the wet realistically means drum or disc..

    The machine must have a lighting set for front and tail light and a brake light that works off the brakes. It must also have front/rear direction indicators.

    The machine must have a speed indicator capable of being seen in the dark such as an illuminated cycle computer.

    The machine must have a horn/bell that can be heard over the sound of the motor to allow pedestrians to hear your approach...

    These bikes are *NOT* motorcycles - neither are they mopeds. Mopeds do not require speed rated tyres so I have no idea where the rating idea came from...

    To be honest I have riding my machine around colchester and the bike before this for almost a year now and I have had absolutely no interest from the local police. At one point I pulled up next to two female police officers who were less than a meter away from me and they didnt even notice let alone anything else.

    As long as you ride safely there is unlikely to be any problems.

    Jemma xx
  7. BSA

    BSA Guest

    If you want to avoid the safety checks just claim that you made it over 10 years ago or write a declaration that it is intended for disabled use. Research MSVA exemptions and you'll see what I mean. You then fill in form v55 stating your exception to MSVA. Then you need insurance, MOT the list goes on...
    By the way, if you have a 65/70cc chinese engine just create a plate stating that the capacity is 32cc to get away with registering as a moped.

    We should really start a petition to legalise motorized bikes in the U.K