I never thought I'd be scared

What crank do I need to get or do I have to drill out a yd 100 crank to fit the bearing
The Phantom uses a yd100 crank. It's the rod end for the wrist pin that would need to be drilled/reamed and then honed. Or you need to find one od the rare ones that already has a rod end for a 12mm wrist pin.
To test the auto-brake light... I am going to mount it temporarily to my handlebars so I can watch how it reacts, etc...

I do NOT want the brake light to come on when I let off the throttle.
I wouldn't be too bothered by it coming on as you slow down. That is just me.

My bigger concern with stuff like that is they tend to not last very long when exposed to a lot of vibration.

The Phantom uses a yd100 crank. It's the rod end for the wrist pin that would need to be drilled/reamed and then honed. Or you need to find one od the rare ones that already has a rod end for a 12mm wrist pin.

I wouldn't be too bothered by it coming on as you slow down. That is just me.

My bigger concern with stuff like that is they tend to not last very long when exposed to a lot of vibration.
Perhaps the vibration will be lessened as I am likely going to attach the unit either to the cargo rack or to the bag. Obviously the bag option would eliminate most vibration concerns.

Perhaps the vibration will be lessened as I am likely going to attach the unit either to the cargo rack or to the bag. Obviously the bag option would eliminate most vibration concerns.
The rack could lessen it, possibly intensify it if there is a harmonic resonance. The bag option definitely would isolate it, other potential issues with that not withstanding. It's tricky figuring out those kind of problems. You will just need to find out the old fashioned way I guess.

But my bike is terrifying it takes off like a normal phantom but then at about 3,000 rpm gets a insane boost and again at 3500 and again at 4500 and again at 5000 and 6000it just keeps pushing and hard I've hit 55 and chickened out so much vibration the intensity is insane I'm getting a dial indicator to make sure the crank I balanced is on point but I don't plan to swap it tell I'm 100% sure it'll be an upgrade and not a down grade because splitting a case isn't the easiest thing for me I don't want to have to go back and forth so yeah dial indicator needed but still this new pipe has definitely been a major gain all around with a balanced crank I'm projecting 60 to 65mph out come easy
Wow, I can’t wait for my phantom to arrive any day now!

Back