I never thought I'd be scared

Juicyjayocean

Local time
7:29 PM
But my bike is terrifying it takes off like a normal phantom but then at about 3,000 rpm gets a insane boost and again at 3500 and again at 4500 and again at 5000 and 6000it just keeps pushing and hard I've hit 55 and chickened out so much vibration the intensity is insane I'm getting a dial indicator to make sure the crank I balanced is on point but I don't plan to swap it tell I'm 100% sure it'll be an upgrade and not a down grade because splitting a case isn't the easiest thing for me I don't want to have to go back and forth so yeah dial indicator needed but still this new pipe has definitely been a major gain all around with a balanced crank I'm projecting 60 to 65mph out come easy

How do you know the vibrations are coming from your engine ? Might be an issue in your drive train somewhere. The large pulley in my belt drive trany was out of round and at 20 mph it shook my bike like an earthquake. Remove the chain and see if the vibration is still there. If yes, check the clutch assy. before you tear it all apart.

And let's be serious for a minute here. Would you consider jumping out of a moving car at 55mph? That's how it will feel if anything on your bike breaks. Don't ride any faster than you're willing to eat asphalt.

How do you know the vibrations are coming from your engine ? Might be an issue in your drive train somewhere. The large pulley in my belt drive trany was out of round and at 20 mph it shook my bike like an earthquake. Remove the chain and see if the vibration is still there. If yes, check the clutch assy. before you tear it all apart.

And let's be serious for a minute here. Would you consider jumping out of a moving car at 55mph? That's how it will feel if anything on your bike breaks. Don't ride any faster than you're willing to eat asphalt.
Yeah that's what the dial indicator is for it'll tell me where it's out of true so I can get it lined up properly and reduce vibration because that's exactly what it is Is I already know I just need the proper tools to fix it correctly before I even try so I don't mess it up more I'm sure it's hell on my bearings and Im ony 3rd set of seals so something needs to be done soon

It sucks being somewhat Phat. 280lbs & 6'4" means I'm gunna be PUSHING it to get to over 40mph on my Phantom. FWIW, I'm at over 7000RPM when I'm in the upper 30's... what RPM are you at when you hit 55MPH? How many teeth sprocket do you have? 55MPH with a 36T would be around 9000RPM+ I think... no?

What's wrong with my mags I got kenda tires and fresh bearing good axle the tires ain't even worn down much no flat spots nada and I also got hydrolic 2 piston disk breaks that can stoppie if I hit them hard

It sucks being somewhat Phat. 280lbs & 6'4" means I'm gunna be PUSHING it to get to over 40mph on my Phantom. FWIW, I'm at over 7000RPM when I'm in the upper 30's... what RPM are you at when you hit 55MPH? How many teeth sprocket do you have? 55MPH with a 36T would be around 9000RPM+ I think... no?
It's highest rpm was 9,364 but it could have gone higher but the vibration makes me dial it back some it's acceleration is ungodly

I'm finding that mine will hit 6500... then it's slow going from there... might be the 20:1 oil mixture. Not sure... and I'm not even that concerned. It runs awesome TO 6500 and by that time I'm going about as fast as I wanna go anyway.

:D

My bike starts screaming at about that it's weird it sounds like it's coming from the disk break like it's resonance with the engine sounds like a cicada's does anyone else have this problem

You are probably hearing the clutch pads. Evidently these bottom ends use the red pads which screech... I already ordered and received new black pads to replace these over the winter. It's supposed to clear up that screeching sound...

Back