i pulled the carb drain screw and it started then died

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
NOPE...I only post what I know will work with the least amount of hassle involved in getting things up and running without constant tinkering around with things...I like my bikes to run consistantly and reliably at all times with no down time or constant adjusting of things and thats what i've got...DAMIEN

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This thread is getting long, and I haven't read all the posts. I know it's easy to suspect the carburetor, but the NT carbs should work as stock (sure, they run rich). Seems like most people mess with the needle, float, and jets before considering other issues that might cause an engine to start and die. Air leaks are the main demon of runaway idle and engine fade. Check the crank seals and intake first. It's a matter of fuel, compression, and ignition. Start troubleshooting upstream or down, not in the middle. ;-)

fuel line not flowing right,
This is how you started the thread. Have you checked the fuel filter on the petcock? Paint flecks and rust particles can clog it. The tank caps should have a breather, or else there would be pressure or a vacuum in the tank. Does it run with the cap loose or off? Pull the fuel line off the carb and open the petcock. Does fuel flow freely? Is there an inline fuel filter? I run mine without (not suggested). Crap from the tank can clog the carb inlet needle and seat. Is there any junk in the float bowl? Blow out the main jet and emulsion tube. When chasing down fuel flow problems, always start upstream and work down.

This is how you started the thread. Have you checked the fuel filter on the petcock? Paint flecks and rust particles can clog it. The tank caps should have a breather, or else there would be pressure or a vacuum in the tank. Does it run with the cap loose or off? Pull the fuel line off the carb and open the petcock. Does fuel flow freely? Is there an inline fuel filter? I run mine without (not suggested). Crap from the tank can clog the carb inlet needle and seat. Is there any junk in the float bowl? Blow out the main jet and emulsion tube. When chasing down fuel flow problems, always start upstream and work down.
I asked a similar question back at post #2, But, 90% of carb issues are electrical. I think that loose plug boot and other things are contributing.

fuel line not flowing right, i pulled the carb drain screw and it fired up momentarily then same thing as before, do i need to adjust my float?
I had similar problem it was bad fuel from a different container with no fuel filter you might want to dump your gas use a DOT cert container.

Back