i pulled the carb drain screw and it started then died

Your first pic shows that the spark plug boot is not on the plug straight and firmly in place...It is angled like its not clicked into place properly.
it is now with the same results, the e3 fits it more snugly but both provide good spark i've checked the spark

it is now with the same results, the e3 fits it more snugly but both provide good spark i've checked the spark
You might want to try this carby below...Its a perfect replacement for the stock NT carby and it runs much better that the NT as well, and only costs $10.50...lol....This is the real JRL BoFeng carby.

https://www.amazon.com/JRL-Carburetor-Stroke-Motorized-Bicycle/dp/B08N9WYS1V/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=motorized+bicycle+carburetor&qsid=130-3373241-3948662&sr=8-10&sres=B07KLR4KYC,B07H28QNWB,B07F77LS3C,B0722STK8V,B01N902TWB,B08N9WYS1V,B06Y1496JJ,B01N1Y0V9X,B071GY8G1S,B0899M1J63,B07DYRFCPF,B07BKXJPJY,B07JWFTKHN,B071KK9D95,B07VCQSSL5,B08MFC4DPS,B08NBC44YG,B09GFQFG73,B07T464BXF,B076J4SDT6&srpt=CARBURETOR

Do that along with those gaskets i told ya about here.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
well I didn't want to have to order a different carby but this one really seems cursed, the needle isnt right somehow or its one of the gaskets,
I'll make it a gasket day tomorrow and report back with any findings, i'll do the head and intake gaskets with permatex ultra copper

it has to be a head, intake or crankcase leak... or just a defective carb at the needle points

Before you go and use that goop on your head and intake id make sure the head is bolted down all the way. Sounds like a compression issue to me (its got enough to run for a few seconds but then dies)

Be careful using the stuff on the intake as it can get sucked into the engine and possibly kill the top end entirely.

I was looking at your throttle cable ends. It looks like your throttle might always be on, causing flooding. I say this because at the twist throttle it is uncrewed a lot, also where the cable goes into the carb.

I was looking at your throttle cable ends. It looks like your throttle might always be on, causing flooding. I say this because at the twist throttle it is uncrewed a lot, also where the cable goes into the carb.
ok thanks i made sure the throttle returns fully into starting position, so i dont think its a throttle cable tension problem

Back