I put my e-bike together today. I like!

kmarcetjr

Local time
9:36 PM
So the battery I was waiting on arrived yesterday. So today was build day.
The hub motor axle was made in such a way that it has 2 flat sides that slide into the dropouts so no need for torque arms, very nice. The controller has a "limiter" feature, connect two little blue wires and it will be limited to 750 watts, disconnect them and it's good for 1000 watts. I wasn't able to use the pedal assist system, because I have a one piece crank and couldn't figure out a way to mount the stationary part of the sensor. Oh well just use the throttle for now. The rim they used to build the motorized wheel is a bit narrower and it's a deep v rim, so I couldn't use my original cruiser tire it was just too wide and I couldn't get it to stay on the rim seated. So I had to use the tire they sent, it's a MTB type tire so now I am mix matched.

When I got everything tight and secured, I took it around the block, first with the limiter connected for 750 watts, then half way around the block I disconnected it for the 1000 watts. I like it, it's pretty fast, maybe not as fast as my gas motor, but fast enough and hopefully a lot more reliable.

Enjoy. 1kw should take you up to 30 mph which is fast enough. No need for pedal assist; you can pedal and feather the throttle to mimic the pedal assist. Should be much more reliable - no chain, no random breakdowns, no oil, no heat. I would try to put the torque arm on in any case.

Back