I REALLY NEED SOME HELP!

The problem is the cheaper you go the shorter the life span of the bike over all.

I would suggest going with a mountain bike. They are better suited for all terrain riding and give you more flexibility as far as room goes when mounting them and adding parts like disk breaks and the like.

(Make sure to measure the frame to make sure the motor will fit and you will need a bike that has 36 spokes in the rim or the back sprocket wont fit correctly and the distance between the pedal arms so they dont hit the motor.)

My advise to you is to take your time and start collecting the parts that you will need. Its time for you to learn how to use craigslist. Thats where I got most of the parts it took to build mine... (And TIME.)

A rim , break calipers, bike computer, handle bars, cables ect... I know its not as fast as you want it to be but if you cut corners you shorten the life of the bike and after all the work you will put into it that will be so frustrating.

Just keep looking for a good quality bike even if its just the frame and then the rims and handlebars and one piece at a time... It may take time but its so worth it.

Now on buying a cheap kit... The cheaper it is the less attention was paid to detail when they put it together. This is very important for longevity and over all performance. If you just spend the extra 40 or 50 dollars you will get a much better and well built motor that will have twice the life and almost twice the speed.

The cheaper kits come with cheap case bolts that will strip out EASILY, the gaskets are cheap and flimsy and blow out, the cdi's and magnetos burn up, and the internal ports are usually mis matched and blocked, the wrist pins are usually bent and hap hazardly installed causing pistons to malfunction. And the list goes in and on.

I suggest taking the time to read and read and read up on what you intend to build because each style bike has its benefits and problems.

Be patient and do it right or all your time and energy blood sweat and tears will be for nothing.

Can I get an Amen brothers?

And if you do go cheap, BEFORE you run the motor while the gaskets are still freash and new, take the motor apart and check for metal shaving and rough castings. The cheaper kits ALWAYS have blocked or rough ports that constrict air and exaust flow and metal chunks in the inside of them.

Plus you can prelube all the moving parts which makes for an easier first start.

Back