I really shouldn't get it

You have a race bike and a daily driver. I daily drive my 4 stroke that I race, it's a very reliable engine. You could use it as a much more reliable daily driver than your 2 stroke (so nice to pull up to the pump, fill and go).
I just wish I didn't have to pay a bunch for custom ground cams or a 1-off stroker crank... I'm kinda tempted to build a 2 stroke just for the races... go the way of everyone else that used to run 4 strokes, except nashmoto.

Alright, I was checking craigslist and I found this bike for sale. It looks like it would be fun to get it going but I don't know much about 4 stroke engines. The thing is, I already have 2 bikes, what do I need another one for? Still, what a cool frame, that alone has got to be worth the $250 asking price. The ad says "Four stroke custom motorized bike. One of a kind gas tank and modified frame. Top speed 35 mph, no pedaling required to start. Runs but needs some work." Hmmmm, it seems like a super good deal. Will someone please talk me out of this. :)
View attachment 90213View attachment 90214View attachment 90215
Tell me where it at I'll help you out, for $250 it looks like I could add bike #4.

Seriously I don't see brakes, does it have a coaster? Gotta have good brakes or good insurance.

well there is a tab welded to the frame with a slot for the bendix arm bolt, and it looks like there is a bolt in it so I'm guessing the arm is black.

Sooooo, did you get it?
Ha! Nope, I tried to get in touch with him but couldn't and then I went on vacation for 3 weeks. When I got back I noticed the bike is still listed so I finally got in touch with the guy but he can never meet me for one reason or another. He would tell me he would text me with a time to meet but then flake. Maybe he is just really busy and don't have time to sell it or maybe he doesn't really want to sell it, I don't know. I will try to text him again next week and see what he says.

Back