I really shouldn't get it

I almost guarantee it's steel, but worth checking. My choice would be to get a disc front wheel and weld some tabs on the forks accept the caliper.
Yeah, that's probably the only way to go on the front brake, I can't think of anything else that could be done. Gezz, how can someone do such a good job on the frame and not even consider a front brake?

Hey Gary, can you ID that engine? That's not a Predator is it?

I'm going to say no because of this
if you look it has vent lines that go down
1.png

the 79cc and 212cc predator look like this on that same side
2.png
3.png

Yeah, your right, just wishful thinking I guess. Still I wonder what engine that is.

maybe it is a painted one of these or similar models because the vents match, kind of hard to tell by the pic to be honest
GXH50/GXV50

Last edited:
View attachment 90219

maybe it is a painted one of these or similar models because the vents match, kind of hard to tell by the pic to be honest
GXH50/GXV50
Yeah, well, I'll find out if he gets back to me. Although, I suspect when he tells me I won't really know how good that is. But I'm mostly interested in the frame and the bike itself.

It's definately a hs142f-1g or 144f-1g with the tapered shaft. See the dome in the front of the transfer case? If it was the straight shaft hs or the honda gxh50, the clutch would be visible there instead. If that engine runs, it and the transfer case are worth it imo. Might just need a carb cleaning and oil change.

It's definately a hs142f-1g or 144f-1g with the tapered shaft. See the dome in the front of the transfer case? If it was the straight shaft hs or the honda gxh50, the clutch would be visible there instead. If that engine runs, it and the transfer case are worth it imo. Might just need a carb cleaning and oil change.
Hey man!! Thanks for the info! Are those good 4 stroke engines or are they.....not?

I have the 144f 1g and haven't placed last at the races yet :p. As long as they get routine oil changes and aren't ran lean they are pretty bulletproof.

I have the 144f 1g and haven't placed last at the races yet :p. As long as they get routine oil changes and aren't ran lean they are pretty bulletproof.
Yep, you kick ass at the races!! But it's good to hear that is the one you got. I'm still thinking about this, I just saw it on craigslist, I really don't need another bike but I got bitten by this hobby and I think that's a really cool frame, and maybe I should try 4 strokes, but I'm still thinking about it. I have enough projects going right now. I got my motor home and I got a boat that is just sitting but I thinking of dumping it, it's too much work. I also have sh*t to do to my house, boring stuff like tile and painting, haha.

Back