I simply couldn't stop smiling/laughing for about my first mile.

Sometimes it's not a just a motorized bicycle but instead it's building something that's your own. It's an ongoing labor of love that doesn't only get me from point A to point B because I am too financially challenged to afford anything more, it does it in style as it turns heads like a Lambo or a Bugatti on The Strip. But it isn't too loud so that it insists upon itself.

I started with a fairly basic Sixthreezero Around the Block model and replaced the stock wheels for some mag wheels which I will be painting when my financial adviser( his name is Wallet) allows me. Because I changed out the wheels I'm adding on a set of Tektro side-pull rim brakes. The wheels themselves are thinner than stock so instead of 2.125" tires they have 1.75"Continental Ride Tour City/Trekking Bicycle Tires that offer extra puncture protection and the tubes are also puncture resistant. The tubes are a lot heavier but the engine doesn't mind that. Motorized_630.png

Unfortunately the motor sits too low on the frame so I used a u-clamp instead of the standard mount.IMG_20191231_162006.jpg

Because I was using a different wheel the dropouts don't easily slide onto the bolts but instead try and hug the hub. That also means that the chain is too close to the chain stay(part of the bike's frame) and because of that I chose to use the stock chain tensioner which pushes the chain over juuuuust enough so it won't rub the frame. I also added in an extra washer to allow for the 36 tooth rear sprocket. IMG_20191231_161946.jpg

I was riding a Soul Beach Cruiser that weighed 50LBS all by itself but then I added on the engine an Ibera bike rack and other accessories so it was an 70-80lb overweight 44 tooth behemoth. This motorized bike is still built from steel but it comes in weighing under 40lbs before it's motorized. BBR(Bikeberry Racing) includes a 36 tooth sprocket with their mag wheel set. I was pleasantly surprised with the improved speed and general get-up-and-go it has.

Overall I'm very satisfied with my bike.

Last edited:
I've been riding my bike for 10 years now and still enjoy it every time I take it out. I always carry tools so even on the few breakdown days I've had, I've gotten the bike back home.

I've been riding my bike for 10 years now and still enjoy it every time I take it out. I always carry tools so even on the few breakdown days I've had, I've gotten the bike back home.
That's the best advice one can offer because these aren't maintenance free and having the tools and maybe an extra tube can prevent walks back home or embarrasing phone calls.

Back