I think I killed it!!!!

hey. check any local hardware store. ask for a #415 size masterlink. thats the one. its probably like $3-5 not sure.

have a good one

Jon

Thanks Jon,

I've been wondering what size chain to be asking for. I really appreciate it! If I can get one for less than 5 dollars I'm going to try and get one today. Otherwise I will have to wait until more funds come in :).

Thanks so much for your help,
cd

hi cd; the master links open end should face to the rear when the chain comes off top of rear sprocket.

yes - most important with chain lenks
seems there's no easy way to explain it - for me anyway

chain lenk - head - rounded solid part - front of travel direction

chain lenk - broken tails - split part - opposite travel direction

reason - if something makes contact with chain while moving
will not knock it loose

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

yes - most important with chain lenks
seems there's no easy way to explain it - for me anyway

chain lenk - head - rounded solid part - front of travel direction

chain lenk - broken tails - split part - opposite travel direction

reason - if something makes contact with chain while moving
will not knock it loose

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Thanks Mountainman... I was lucky in the fact that I just put it on the way your just said. How's that for luck? Thanks for all your help and talk to you later!

cd

If you get a chain breaker, you can do away with a master/joining link altogether. It lets you take apart any segment of chain and put it back together again. I got mine from my local bike shop, and had to modify it slightly with a grinder to make room for the thick HT chain, but now I don't use any joiner links. Taking the chain off is just as quick, if not faster, and there's no risk of it popping apart, unless one of the chain links actually breaks :)

Back