I think my engine is on its way out.

S

Simonator

I am running a 2 stroke 70cc from dax. I pulled the head off today. I pressed my fingers on the pistons and moved my hand left and right, and noticed some play. I can spin the piston a mm or so left and right.That tells me that a bearing must be worn out. this can't be normal. Unless the engines are so cheap that they are like this? I highly doubt it..... I think its time for a rebuild already. I ride the s**t out of my bike....

I am running a 2 stroke 70cc from dax. I pulled the head off today. I pressed my fingers on the pistons and moved my hand left and right, and noticed some play. I can spin the piston a mm or so left and right.That tells me that a bearing must be worn out. this can't be normal. Unless the engines are so cheap that they are like this? I highly doubt it..... I think its time for a rebuild already. I ride the s**t out of my bike....

Moving this thread to the 2 stroke forum.

I ride mine pretty hard as well.It's fairly new, & it's already developing some wierd symptoms.I didn't follow the "under 20mph " rule for break in, although I do always vary the throttle & let it cool down regularily.

I'm thinking that if I ride it harder than it was meant for, I should probably figure out how to take it all apart & inspect it on the inside fairly frequently-before symptoms turn into real trouble.

Back