I Want A Transmission!

HI Skatingsamurai,

FWIW there's a company on ebay selling dual start "80" CC engines with dual start (pedal AND recoil start) for $170 Shipped....That and Pablo's kit could be the answer...

Here is a link if it'll work....http://cgi.ebay.com/80CC-MOTOR-BICY...ryZ75211QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps you.

Andrew

That motor with pull start will not allow the pedals to pass by on the vast majority of bicycles out there. The pedal at the top of the pedal stroke will hit the pull start casing.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have that motor (recoil start AND centrifugal clutch). It's about 6 7/8" wide, FYI. Even with the wider crankshaft/crank assembly that came with Pablo's Sick Bike Parts shift kit, the engine's too wide... so I raised it above the pedals and made a new front mount. Works great!

Also FYI, the rope used in the pull start is sub-standard. Mine tore after maybe 100 pulls. Replaced it rather easily with nylon sheathed poly 1/8" from Home Depot. Seems as if it's going to last a lot longer.

Last edited:
Back