I want it to move! [chain jam - drive sprocket]

thats no good, peddling would be a hard task then, i was hoping the hub kit would lock the motor sprocket into the hub similarly to the bicycle sprockets and move only when the motor is engaged.

Naw. Sure everything moves when you pedal,but it's really not that much of a drag. If everything is installed right the drag is minimal at best. Besides the extra little chain noise,you wouldn't even notice it. Heck,if peddling is that hard,then let that clutch out and relax!

(Hits my head and shakes it around and around)

Why didn't I think of doing that before?

Why?

You must be like me and try to make things harder than they have to be. I honestly thought of that method, but was afraid that the clutch arm had to be in a certain position and on the motor to be adjusted properly

i believe the grubee hub's sprocket freewheels...could be wrong tho.

I stand corrected. Augi is right, the grubee HD rear hub comes in two flavors.

MODEL #1 with Freewheel Hub / Model #2 with Solid Hub

Grubee's site explains model one is for pull start engines.

Naw. Sure everything moves when you pedal,but it's really not that much of a drag. If everything is installed right the drag is minimal at best. Besides the extra little chain noise,you wouldn't even notice it. Heck,if peddling is that hard,then let that clutch out and relax!
How far do you adjust your clutch cable, when dis-engaging your motor is the clutch lever pointed very far in? is the chain noise very noticable compared to a normal bike with gears.

Does it roll if you lock in the clutch ? If yes, clutch plates might be sticking,
and a run will free them up. If No than your drive chain is probably jammed up in the engine sprocket

Forgot to mention, look at lots of pictures of finished bikes, they are full of ideas, and solved problems. Pictures range from simple bolt ups to exotic craftsmanship.
I could never have built my bike without all those refrence photos

Forgot to mention, look at lots of pictures of finished bikes, they are full of ideas, and solved problems. Pictures range from simple bolt ups to exotic craftsmanship.
I could never have built my bike without all those refrence photos

Back