I Want To Know Everything!!!!!

H

Herrmanator8

can someone give me all the information on these engines, i have an 80cc (69.7cc) kings engine on my bike. the rear sprocket is a 40 tooth. ive got about 230miles on it so far.

i would like to know the compression ratio, all the measurements(diameters, mm's whatever) engine cc's in ounces, cubic mm's and that kinda stuff. gearbox ratio, output ratio, ( i would like to know how much fuel these engines consume per mile, not the mileage to the gallon,my estimation is that i get about 120 miles to the gallon) and anything else thats technical about these engines that i dont know about, i wana become an expert on these little chinese fun time engines:D

jon

I agree with you....seems like somebody ought to be able to track down a spec sheet huh?...Who imports the Dax engine?...What about the other brands...Anybody w/ any ideas on how to get specs without having to open up our own engine and measuring?

Andrew

FINALLY!!!! someone agrees with me... when someone asks me about my engine i wana be all technical:cool: not like, "well that thing spins on that thing and when you pull the lever in, the clamp loosens therefore disengaging the engine, blah blah blah" i want them to look at me dumbfounded!!!!!

jon

guys, less than a year ago there wasn't anything at all, but for a few seller's attempts to provide support to their customers.

tom founded MBc because he wanted to know "everything" too...i jumped onboard because, you guessed it, so did i...when i saw the sorry state of the industry's after-sales support, i decided we could probably best help ourselves by helping ourselves. so we made us a lil garage, called it MotoredBikes.com, and opened the doors to anyone who wanted to share...

and they started gathering. and the info began to accumulate...from guys just like you!

so, instead of freaking out, get onboard...notice we're starting to "standardize" terms and procedures? tons of pics that never existed do now. by reading & searching MBc, people are able to build and maintain their motoredbikes without even registering. never before MBc did any 2 people communicate online as efficiently as we do here about the "happy-time."

far as i know, this is the most extensive centralized collection of info in the world about these engines, and yet somehow we've still managed to fall short of your expectations.

i know you want more details, so do i...but there's a huge difference between reading a spec-sheet and being an expert...

there is one failsafe way to become an expert, tho, but you're not gonna like it...

help yourself & each other, just like everyone else here does.

and that's all i have to say about that.

there are more technical minded people on here than others, folks that have worked in machine shops, mechanics and even engineers. threads have come along where people have measured and compared the compression, the gear ratio, everything you have asked for and the threads are all still there, you just need to go to the forums and click on the 'next thread' button.

So Saturday morning instead of playing xbox or watching transformers cartoons(oh wait that's what I do...) get a cup of coffee and read the forums! - they are fun and educational I call it 'EDUTAINMENT'(patent pending)

the problem is, that i dont have internet where i normally live. i use the internet when im downtown and at my dads. i know this forum is a load of helpful information, the purpose of this is that if someone could get me the basic info on these motors and then i could search more on that stuff and get to know these little engines. i want to know whats best and whats not.

thanks, jon

Get access to a "puter" and take the advice augi and ssswipe offered... we all can be impatient at times. I'm sure your questions and querys are right here in this forum. Read,read,read and read some more.

yes... If you read every post here, you will know everything we know:cool:
we already read them, that's how we can answer the questions !!!:rolleyes:

the problem is that i have to motorbike 15 miles downtown to go to the library and use the computer there. besides that , im always reading books on small gas engines and and anything related to the internal combustion engine.

i try to keep up with the stuff on here but its alot to go through and takes alot of time, but im workin on it.

and, does anyone know what i should gap my spark plug too????? i just bent it out so that i could get a larger spark so that it would burn everything in there, but i read that the spark plug can foul because of that. also, if your supposed to run a hot plug for trail riding, long distance. and a cold plug for racing, short distance, chance of fouling. should i run hot or cold???

jon

If you have specific questions about plug fouling you should pose them in the Technical help area and someone will get back to you. If you ask nicely someone may PM or email you the answer too...

Also I GUARANTEE if you search the forum for 'spark plug' or 'plug gap' you will find answers related to plug gapping and fouling.

Back