I was called "uncool"

T

twinkiex

I got a flat tire yesterday. Got the tire off today, it came off much easier than I thought. 2 bolts and disengaged the brakes. Not much differant than other bikes except for the 2 chains. Took the tire to the bike shop I always go to and the very young service guys said mbs are not cool! Then they asked why I would get a mb. I replied I can go much further, its a primary means of transportation, bad back, I am not as young as him, uses less gas than a car, all the good reasons and they said once again and I quote "motor bikes are not cool". Lame. Why would anyone want one.
Why would they feel this way? I told them it uses so little gas and I said my favorite bike is still my Outlook, but I just cant peddle 10 miles anymore. :p
This bike sure does bring attention to me, and this was the first negative comment.
Maybe they were jelious! Ha.

spunout

yes, it was out of jealousy.
besides, negative comments DON'T come often with these.
no biggie, they just slide right off.

trust me, if you ride a motoredbike...you're cool.

Last edited:
G

gone_fishin

yaknow something?

motoredbikes are :cool:cool:cool:

they got it wrong & it's their loss ;)

...so what's the big deal? :D

azbill

my local bike shop has 2 partners...
1 loves mabs, the other seems to hate 'em
I agree with #1 !!! :LOL:

Tom

lol, i hate it when people hate on you for having a bike... doesn't make any sense to me, probably since I look at motorized bikes from a logical standpoint and not a "trendy hip too cool for you" standpoint...

T

twinkiex

bah. i do understand bicylce purists. its their religion and to put a motor on a bike seems sacreligious..

G

gone_fishin

my neighbor and apt. manager is a bicycle purist in the true sense...she rides a specialized road bike 20 miles roundtrip to work, and takes part in all the local & regional rides and events...

she thinks that what i've done with my bicycle is amazing...she knows squat about what i'm up to mechanically, but she absolutely loves seeing another bicyclist so engrossed in something that brings him so much comfort & keeps him so active. (well, it does keep me active)

A

Alaskavan

I had a "purist" say that it was a waste to put a motor on a bike. I pointed out the mpg. He said he could ride 20 miles on a bowl of Wheaties. I pointed out that I could ride 20 miles and still have the energy to work to earn enough money to buy a s***load of Wheaties. I don't know if I made a convert, but that was the end of the conversation.

srdavo

A lot of bikeshop guys (purists) are not cool! :LOL:

Hang in there....if you are happy, then that's all that matters.:D

bamabikeguy

A lot of bikeshop guys (purists) are not cool! :LOL:

Hang in there....if you are happy, then that's all that matters.:D

In fact, 17 out of 21 are out and out jerks. Auburn AL, Denver, CO and El Dorado, ARK and my guy in Decatur pass muster.

I've scientifically calculated & tested this ratio.

Last edited: