I was involved in a hit and run today...

forget about cameras and the law. the lesson you should be walking away with is: if you drive a motored bike more than 12 MPH without a front drum or disc brake in good working condition, whatever bad stuff happens is entirely your fault. and it can get pretty bad....

I have to disagree with Nates braking assement.
Front and rear V-brakes work just fine and you don't need to change your wheel.

Sure, better brakes are desirable the faster you ride but the real point is NO MB IS SAFE WITHOUT A FONT BRAKE even if it's just a $15 Wallyworld C-brake.

Last edited:
I have to disagree with Nates braking assement.
Front and rear V-brakes work just fine and you don't need to change your wheel.

Sure, better brakes are desirable the faster you ride but the real point is NO MB IS SAFE WITHOUT A FONT BRAKE even if it's just a $15 Wallyworld C-brake.
you're right of course. properly installed V brakes are fine, as long as you're skilled and cautious. in OP's case, he's a little less experienced, so I figured my advice is true enough too and I'm erring to side of more caution

Yep Nate.

Even C-brakes (single mount point) can help if have no other option than a coaster brake.
A C front and rear with a dual pull brake lever gives you 3 so-so brakes, ~$45 more and enough for a bike like this.

2_Macargi1200R.jpg

Note the rear brake location, like the front brake it is mounted in front of the frame mount.
No excuses guys, there is no such thing as too much brake, but not enough is just 'silly'!

Just Whent to the bike Shop to day and got new brakes $20 for 2 with pads just cheap ones and new brake levers $10 thay look good and better than nothing

Attachments

• DSC_0085.JPG
    DSC_0085.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC_0086.JPG
    DSC_0086.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0087.JPG
    DSC_0087.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 116
Back