Idea For Phantom 85 Exhaust

Flexible hose received.

The good news... it's actually much more stout than I was expecting after a couple of posts above. I really don't see why this product ... aside from being galvanized... is going to be a problem...

The maybe bad news... it's smaller than it states online. It's coming in right at 32.5mm... internal diameter... my current exhaust comes in at 32mm at the header (good)... but 33.2 mm where the muffler meets the pipe (bad)...

I may end up buying a muffler vs cutting this one as well... the stock muffler will work for me now... but I'm still following through with this experiment.

:)

Flexible hose received.

The good news... it's actually much more stout than I was expecting after a couple of posts above. I really don't see why this product ... aside from being galvanized... is going to be a problem...

The maybe bad news... it's smaller than it states online. It's coming in right at 32.5mm... internal diameter... my current exhaust comes in at 32mm at the header (good)... but 33.2 mm where the muffler meets the pipe (bad)...

I may end up buying a muffler vs cutting this one as well... the stock muffler will work for me now... but I'm still following through with this experiment.

:)
My interest isn't any less.

Sorry guys... things have been delayed a bit for a number of reasons (bike frame is out getting powder coated... and some pretty damn hot weather being among them). It didn't much matter as I'd not gotten the header I bought. Well... that header came in the mail yesterday and I am VERY pleased to say the fit is NICE...

FLEXPIPE2.jpg

FLEXPIPE1.jpg

I really need to find an inexpensive muffler to use. I wish I had a spare stock muffler to try, but I only have one and I think I wanna keep that one intact.

Also... I wonder if I can find an expansion chamber.... of some sort... just the chamber... to use in-between the header and muffler.... It really wouldn't be tuned for the bike (obviously)... but would it help?? The idea's flow...

Anyone have one of these Sick Bike Parts exhausts? I know they're more designed for a 66cc engine (the expansion chamber/muffler) ... too restrictive for the Phantom?

Black-Muff__76676.1477519916.1280.1280.jpg

Back