Idea For Phantom 85 Exhaust

FrizzleFried

Local time
3:40 PM
I have an idea for a flex-fit exhaust I think I am going to run with. If anyone is interested in going in with me on the flexible exhaust part... let me know. Thus far the best I can come up with is $55.00 for 300 inches.... hell, if we split it 1/2 and 1/2 that would be 12.5 feet EACH. If not... not worries... if this is successful I can cut `em down for people and sell "kits"... I suspect I could make my dough back.

Anyway...

Take this:

Phantom85_header_1024x1024@2x.png

...add in a small piece of this:

71+rVUxZLKS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Then add a suitable exhaust muffler for the end (still looking)... put together with clamps.

NOW, the only thing I might do different is instead of going with 1.25" flex tube (will it slip over the top of the 1.25" header or whatever muffler I find (ideally 1.25")?)... I might go 1.5". Then I KNOW it will fit over the header/muffler... it would provide a bit more "room" in that bend as well.

Doable?? IF I decide to take this one on... I could go back to using the SixThreeZero (large) frame!

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Lets see... $56.00 for the flexible stuff (with a BUNCH left over... easily enough to do what... 3-4 other exhausts). Lets call it a total of 4. $14.00 per segment.

Header... $35.00.

Reducer... $12.00 (may not even be necessary)

Muffler... $34.00

$95.00 plus clamps with the reducer... $83.00 without. A bit spendy... but if it worked...

That's, of course, counting on selling the other 3 segments of the flexible hosing at $14.00 per segment (plus shipping). Otherwise total outlay is $137.00.

Anyone interested in jumping in on this idea (probably not until I've at least tried it, eh?)

Anyone got any better/more economical suggestions for any component? I bet I can find a muffler for less... though I'd like to keep to the 1.5" size though for backpressure purposes it might be good to reduce down to a 1.25" muffler?

34$ for that muffler i found it for 19$ the GY6 community has a them all over might wanna check them they got real good exhausts once you skim past the ching chong knock offs, i put a un needed grenade launcher on my moped rig Just liked the sound :3

Links are appreciated! :)

Just fleshing out the idea. I'm sorta wanting to use that original "In the Barrel" bike again...

:)

Welp... I've decided to go down the hole. >sigh< This is so like me... when I jump in to a hobby I do it with both feet (for good or bad).

That's how I ended up with a garage full of arcade games (currently 22 I think it is)... an E-Drum set (the Alesis $350 kit wasn't good enough... HAD to pickup that $1500 Roland kit off the local CL for $750...)... etc... etc...

The good part is that with so many hobbies, it's easy to pick off small bits of others to support the new ones. :D

Time to sell more PCB's it seems.

I am actually somewhat interested in this idea myself. Not a big fan of the muffler in question, but I do like the idea of a flex exhaust as I would rather route mine down under the crank arms with the muffler low and off to one side.. If it has an end on it that allows me to pick the style of muffler I want I will gladly go in on this.

I'm not sold on the muffler either. I am 100% open to peoples suggestions on mufflers...

I'm doing this though. Already got the header. I'm trying to decide on 25' or 6'... with your potential interest... 25' looks like it may be a better idea.

:)

Back