Idea For Phantom 85 Exhaust

This might come in handy for the joints... IF a nice clamp isn't enough...

IMG_2810a.jpg

EDIT: Hell, regular ole JB Weld will work as it has a high temp of 500 degrees f....

:)

OK... I'm going with the 25 feet. If this works as well I suspect it will, I'll have 3 or 4 segments left. If 4, I could do $20.00 shipped and that would cover my expense... and it would save y'all money versus going to Amazon directly...

:D

My brother will probably want me to build him one too. Looking for opinions here...

I can get 1.25" flex tube and I do believe that is INTERNAL DIAMETER (I can check on that). If so, if the header is the same size as the current stock Phantom 85 pipe... that comes in at 1.2485"... now, what are the chances of that working out? I mean it could "just" slip over the header in which case that would kick some serious butt... however, it could also be JUST a hair too small to fit over the header in which case... what then?

The obvious answer is to go with 1.50" fled tube... then either go direct (if possible) or use the reducer. I suspect I could cut a small notch in to the 1.5" flex tube, slide it over and then clamp it down... If that's not doable, I can use the reducer.

I would think the 1.5" flex tube... around the bend... would be more optimal as far as flow than a 1.25" tube... no?

I am also finding more "muffler" options for 1.5" than 1.25"...

Opinions? Always looking for opinions on these things...

I'm not sold on the muffler either. I am 100% open to peoples suggestions on mufflers...

I'm doing this though. Already got the header. I'm trying to decide on 25' or 6'... with your potential interest... 25' looks like it may be a better idea.

:)
I would need to measure and do some planning to see what might work for me length wise. I would guess 4ft for my idea would be more than enough, maybe 5 tops. Depends on what muffler I would use. I actually considered finding a way to use the stock muffler since I have 2 extra exhausts just sitting here.

From the motored life folks...

Here are the dimensions provided by KaosKustoms
1/4" flange with 1.25" od tube. Looks like the metal is under 1/8" thick.
I'll reach out and see if I can get an ID for you!

I'd asked the ID and OD of their header...

I would need to measure and do some planning to see what might work for me length wise. I would guess 4ft for my idea would be more than enough, maybe 5 tops. Depends on what muffler I would use. I actually considered finding a way to use the stock muffler since I have 2 extra exhausts just sitting here.
Great Idea! Could cut n' attach.

That's what I am trying to determine. If it's the ID, that works PERFECTLY and would fit the header and the cut off muffler... just add a couple clamps and something to hang it all...

Wouldn't need a reducer... literally $35 header + $20 worth of flex-tube + clamps and some work.

This is posted by the manufacturer in the Q & A...

The 40001 is designed to fit over 1.25 inch diameter pipe. The flex pipe you will need to fit over 2 inch pipe is 40005.

This sounds like what we want. That said, people are reporting it coming in at 1 5/8"... which still would go around the 1.25" parts.

:D

I think the 40001 is what we want.

One negative... galvanized steel not stainless. That means it's gunna need to be painted... or at least clear coated...unless rust patina is your thing.

Back