Idea For Phantom 85 Exhaust

...and deeper I go. Flex-tube (25ft) purchased. It'll be a while until I have a review for you... as I'm still in the "parts collection" stage.

I am surprised they don't have it in stainless steel as well. It might just be the size of the tubing isn't very high demand so they don't bother. I await to see what you come up with.

No no no, hold on, back up ahead. You don't need 25'. You want an expansion chamber in there, or you're not going to get anything out of it.
I tried some of that flex pipe, and it's a leaky mess. It sounds OK but doesn't hold up.

Try a muffler shop first, they might have a piece of scrap that you can try and see what it does. Another option is the reefer exhaust pipe, but that is very thin and has to be clamped.

Not sure if I really "want anything" more than the stock muffler out of it. I just need something that will "fit".

:)

Not sure if I really "want anything" more than the stock muffler out of it. I just need something that will "fit".

:)
I know what you're saying, I wanted the muffler attached to the chain stay. It looked cool, but didn't last a day. The next day I went and bought a bender.

For me it's just about comfort and clearance. The only thing I am not a fan of is the galvanized stuff. Spiral wound stainless flex tubing is much better suited to the job. We use it on our generators and it's never been a problem.

Yeah... same here...

I'm looking at this more or less as a proof-of-concept attempt. I figure I'm gunna paint the galvanized black...and if it all works out well enough I'll TRY to find something in stainless if it's out there...

Yeah... same here...

I'm looking at this more or less as a proof-of-concept attempt. I figure I'm gunna paint the galvanized black...and if it all works out well enough I'll TRY to find something in stainless if it's out there...
Give it a try! Only one way to find out for sure if it will work for you or not.

Back