Identification needed

robin bird

Local time
6:58 AM
The pictures below are of my friends bike. The engine is from Taiwan in the 1990's-- it is hard to read it's identity-- i think it says Jap or Zap - sorry ill try and get better pics -- it comes with 26 plastic rims --it is 30cc and it's 2 cycle -- he has a brand new one in the boxes and also a parts engine which he is selling without the bike-wants a grand which i think is too high --whats it look like ?

Attachments

• Photo 2363.jpg
    Photo 2363.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Photo 2362.jpg
    Photo 2362.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 360
  • Photo 2361.jpg
    Photo 2361.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 331
engine id

the make is Rotary. engine made in Taiwan . Google search and you will find a dealer in australia who sells parts for them .hope that helps

Looks like a cool setup! Where did he get it?

A grand does sound like a lot, then again these things sell for $1550 (aus. $).

Link: http://www.rotarybike.com/rotarybike_products.asp?type=Petrol&pid=24&action=details

They have pictures of the innards of the thing. Looks to be of decent quality (if looks mean anything). Wet cent. clutch. Crank looks to be balanced. Cylinder & head look similar to those on a puch moped engine.

They state "200 watt output at the wheel, low power high torque" with an explanation of how/why they got that figure. I like how they achieved that (perhaps someone could re-calculate a HT's power output in that manner - "but officer, it only has 200 watts at the wheel"). I wonder what it produces at the crank?

Looks like a cool setup! Where did he get it?

A grand does sound like a lot, then again these things sell for $1550 (aus. $).

Link: http://www.rotarybike.com/rotarybike_products.asp?type=Petrol&pid=24&action=details

They have pictures of the innards of the thing. Looks to be of decent quality (if looks mean anything). Wet cent. clutch. Crank looks to be balanced. Cylinder & head look similar to those on a puch moped engine.

They state "200 watt output at the wheel, low power high torque" with an explanation of how/why they got that figure. I like how they achieved that (perhaps someone could re-calculate a HT's power output in that manner - "but officer, it only has 200 watts at the wheel"). I wonder what it produces at the crank?
He got it directly from Taiwan on a trip there!

Back