Idle Adjustment Screw

nope, never...you might, however, lead me to my grave :devilish:

i'm buying myself some real leathers for christmas :)

Kool what kind of leathers .....I have my black pants (with horse hair tassels at the side of the knee with silver conchos one on each knee)

for moderate cold weather I have a brown bomber jacket that I applied a large falcon on (after I tooled it ) and I have a heavy black thing that is hot and bulky but once in awhile you need that down here.

Augie you are the resident mechanic I have a weird problem my engine is idling ruff and back firing once in awhile it acts like it wants to buck me off
I have cleaned the plug adjusted the idle an nothing is working although I think I have just about run the life out of this puppy.

Cookie

cookie, i really appreciate that "promotion" but until i encounter something for myself, i'm clueless...lemme get my isp service back this friday, then i'll research for ya, 'k?

(i would guess"timing" but what is adjustable on these, if anything? oh, yeah, when's the last time you checked the carb bowl? float still floating?)

Great minds think alike :)
Well here I was sitting out side my shop cooking a roast and home made bread in the house but I could not smell a thing but old oil and gas (GEAR HEAD !!!)

sitting with a cigaret and disassembling my bowl and wow did it have a lot of CRAP in it no wonder it was trying to cut out (have to put a fuel filter in line again. Went to start the bike and she grumbled a little then ran like the ol race horse she is I wanted to just keep riding but I still have customers coming in.

Cookie

The little screw on the side with the spring ONLY raises or lowers the idle speed.
On top of the carb is a large threaded "cap" and a small one above it. The large one cannot be too tight, it will keep the cable from sliding smoth. Finger tight and then back off a hair. Tighten the top one down to the large one snugly.

The little "push" button nest to the screw does not prime the carb. Push it down and hold for 2 seconds. Just once! This pushes down the float and fills the bowl. Repeated pushing runs the bowl over and flood the carb.

Thanks for the response Gubba, but I think he has it figured out by now. This thread was almost two years old before you brought it back from the dead. Welcome to the site. Post some pics of your bike for us.

What is the exact adjustment for the screw on the side of the carburetor? I live in Florida so at sea level and I just replaced everything except for the head, block, and clutch everything else is new and all it wants to do is backfire a little and then bog does the carburetor come pre adjusted on that screw or do I have to do that myself? Please help I'm confused. LOL

Back