Idle jet for HS engine

dougsr.874

Local time
9:14 AM
New HS 49cc engine will not idle....suspect idle jet, tried to clean but had no effect....Trying to find source to buy new one...searched under
Honda on Google but can't find....anyone know a source for this idle jet???

Ereplacementparts has an exploded view of the Honda gxh carb on a page with the part #, use that part # to order online or from the dealer in person. I used an oem Honda idle jet for a HS carb and it worked really well. It's strange the Honda jet has an opening that's like a 1/16th of an in or so, while the HS jet is so tiny you can only measure it in the .001s like a human hair. Honda jet does work. http://www.ereplacementparts.com/jet-set-pilot-p-557790.html FYI, HF sells an oring assortment kit that has orings that work on the jet. A small wire from a brass wire cleaning brush will poke through the small jet hole on the HS carb.

Many thinks for the info...however, I drilled out the brass plug covering the adj. & turned the screw one turn to the left and it fixed the current problem..

My used Honda GXH50 does not appear to be throttle controlled. It has one of the Staton throttle kits on it. To my inexperienced eye, the governor system appears to be in place and seems to be operating. I appear to have no throttle control on my initial test cranks and rides. Given no throttle control and a governor that wants to make the engine run at a speed way beyond idle, I've not done extensive testing!

When I had the motor over @ David Staton's shop he said that something didn't look right about one of the springs on the air flap control or on that dynamic device that controls the air intake opening on the carburetor.

I have some detailed photographs that I can post (if I can figure how) or send by email which I do know how.

2old, a lot of folks just put a HS carb on the Honda and make life simple for themselves and do away with the springs and guvna setup. A diaphragm carb will work too with an adapter kit...............Dougsr that is the air/gas mixture screw adjustment, not the idle jet.

Back