Idle while sitting still

Alven

Local time
3:04 AM
Hello all!
I am new to the motored bike world and recently ordered 2 bikes and 2 engines for my brother and I, installation is done on one of the bikes we are just waiting for the engine for the second bike. I feel like everything is running as it should however I see some people post videos of their bikes parked while the engine is still running, I'd like to know how that would be possible, is there a certain engine that does that or is it some type of mod added to keep it running while it's not moving. Any and all help is appreciated, I might ask stupid questions but I promise I'm not trolling.

There is a little screw on the side of the carburettor called the idle screw, which, if you twist the throttle slightly to raise the slide in the carb (while the engine is either stopped or at least the clutch disengaged), and screw that screw in a bit, the slide will only be able to drop back down so far before coming to rest on top of the screw.
There's even a part of the slide that's particularly sloped to accommodate this without binding.
Don't screw in your idle screw without twisting the throttle and raising the slide out of the way, or it'll just clamp the side of the slide. It needs to be done with the slide raised out of the way. The screw is the stop for the sloped part of the slide to drop down onto.

(Personally, I don't even use it!)

Back