Idling crazy high, help me I'm desperate

Carlos motors

Local time
11:40 PM
Hi guys, so my engine idles to high. I searched almost everything and I cant find the problem. I looked everything and I think there is no air leaks, one mechanic said to me that is probably electricity so i bought new spark plug, magneto coil and cdi. And when I try to adjust idling screw difference between 2-3mm in rotation is from not idling to crazy idle like 5k rpm and only getting higher to max so I need to kill it. Also i checked gas cable it always returns normaly to neutral positon. Please help me I havent driven my bike over a year now....

Definately sounds like an air leak. When it's running try spraying the intake area with carb cleaner and see if the rpm changes. If your using the stock carb they are prone leak where they clamp on the intake. An o ring usually fixes this. You can try wrapping it in electrical tape first to see if there is any change in the way it runs

Definately sounds like an air leak. When it's running try spraying the intake area with carb cleaner and see if the rpm changes. If your using the stock carb they are prone leak where they clamp on the intake. An o ring usually fixes this. You can try wrapping it in electrical tape first to see if there is any change in the way it runs
So I looked little better and I think now when you said it should be air leak that I know where is the problem. When I bought new cilinder space between bolts was bigger than on my current intake tube so I drilled it so it could fit. But now when I looked closely I see that start of my hole is 1-2 mm from intake of cylnder and some of the air maybe goes trough...

Attachments

• 20190918_151140.jpg
    20190918_151140.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 121
You can make a new gasket out of a cereal box. Make sure air isnt leaking where you carb clamps on the intake tube. The carb needs to be fully pressed on the intake or else they leak at the little slits on the carb neck under the clamp. An o ring there fixes that leak

You can make a new gasket out of a cereal box. Make sure air isnt leaking where you carb clamps on the intake tube. The carb needs to be fully pressed on the intake or else they leak at the little slits on the carb neck under the clamp. An o ring there fixes that leak
Thanks so much man, I checked where carburator meets intake tube and I thought it was pressed to the end but there was 0.5mm gap.. Now I took of a bit of metal of intake tube so it can go to the end and it works perfectly. Once again, I cant say you how happy I am!!

Thanks so much man, I checked where carburator meets intake tube and I thought it was pressed to the end but there was 0.5mm gap.. Now I took of a bit of metal of intake tube so it can go to the end and it works perfectly. Once again, I cant say you how happy I am!!
Glad you got it fixed. Happy riding. 😀

Back