Idling issues

Wandwuff

Local time
8:58 PM
Hello! My bike has some issues/oddities. It likes to rev and not stop revving ever, even after adjusting the idle screw the second i rev it up again it keeps on revving or dies.

sounds like a possible air leak, usually it is at the carb where it mounts to the intake. 2nd culprit is intake gasket not sealing. I've heard ppl find the slide is not going all the way down in the carb, usually from cable bind or you can adjust the cable at the throttle (if that's the case) tske the air filter off and see if it returns to closed. shoot some wd40 or white lithium grease down the cable while you're at it.

the slide runs perfect and returns fine. would teflon tape and some sanding, and a new gasket help?

hmm... i think the carb return spring needs to be stronger
it returns fine when it's not running but when it is running it hesitates going down
should i change it out or is that a bad idea?

yeah Teflon tape could help. those slots in the clamping part are usually the culprit. black RTV is an option but if it's the intake mount, sand it flat on a table.

yeah i did that now but i think the slide is catching
only when the engine is running so i dunno

Yea make sure your slide guide didn't fall out there should be 2 guides one the does the whole slide and one does the idle adjustment

Back