Engine Trouble Idling problems after taking engine apart

dotcom

Local time
2:57 PM
I did not take the carb apart but I did take the engine apart to switch gaskets and do some work and it was running better than ever just before that but when I put it back together, the idle was really high at times. and takes a few seconds to get back down and then sometimes stays really high or really low. It was also high even if I unscrewed the idle all the way and that screw sometimes did nothing. I make sure there is enough slack in the throttle cable and so that the slide gets to the bottom of where it needs to be and I even changed to a new throttle cable and made sure the slide is in the carb properly. I just cannot figure it out. I cleaned the carb bowl and air filter.. Any suggestions?

sounds like pinched throttle cable. remove any zip ties securing it to the frame

you have an air leak somewhere around the intake - find it, fix it, be happy

i ONLY NOTICED AN AIR LEAD AROUND THE HEAD GASKET BUT NOT NEAR THE INTAKE. I WILL CHECK IT OUT AGAIN THOUGH.

It was an air leak and It took putting a couple new gaskets and several hours and I stripped about 2 head bolts in the process. The 6mm head bolts I got from bgf have very little amout of threads being so short. Where can I purchase the hardened steel threaded rods so I can make my own sizes?

I get very good quality metric h/w from marshall's hardware locally - site at "marshallshardware.com"

Back