If vendors want to give us a "real deal".......

arceeguy

Local time
3:32 PM
Offer us our choice of 50cc or "80cc" kits for $150 (or less), with shipping included. The prices I see here in the vendor area are not anything to write home about, and this is why I did not buy my kits from anyone advertising here.

I got my two kits from eBay, from two different vendors. one from California, and one in Canada. Both kits were about $154.99 with shipping and insurance. The lower the price, the greater the volume - and that is how you make more money! People will be buying multiple kits just to keep a spare parts inventory, or to have two motorized bikes. (they're small, you can have a bunch!)

Thanks for listening!

All of that being said, these Chinese engines are not reliable enough to be used as transportation. I paid a lot for my GEBE because I can use it to commute, a happytime simply can't be used for that (its utility is really limited). Since these are strictly for fun and not serious transportation I personally can't see paying more than $150 (postage included). I do not care what vendors pay for these, but personally I have my price point and it is not being met.

I doubt that everyone here with a frame mounted HT is just going around the block making YouTube videos. I don't know what "reliable enough" means nor what "serious transportation" is in your book. I've commuted about 5 times (20 miles round trip) and various grocery getting runs. if it dies, well, that's why it has pedals isn't it. so far my kit is meeting my expectations (i.e. paying for itself)

If we were to take your logic, anyone that is unhappy with health insurance should STFU and start their own insurance company, right?

Yes been done by many different groups of people. Some of todays bigger insurance companies started that very way.

aceeguy the Vendor Area is for VENDORS to make announcements about their products.

you or any other non vendor has no right to start threads in this area!

Last edited by a moderator:
aceeguy the Vendor Area is for VENDORS to make announcements about their products.

you or any other non vendor has no right to start threads in this area!

Sorry about that. Please feel free to move this thread to whatever forum is appropriate. (White Zone, or General discussion?) I started the thread in hopes that one (or more) of the vendors that frequents this forum would step up to the plate and give us MBc members a deal better than we can get on eBay. I thought that everyone would agree that lower pricing would be a good thing for the community. I sure guessed wrong! I never meant it to look like I was telling someone how to run their business or how much someone should make, although it looks like this was how it was taken by some.

Last edited by a moderator:
these Chinese engines are not reliable enough to be used as transportation.

That is an opinion, not a fact.

I am not biased towards one engine or another, but I can say that I've got over 2k miles on my HT and it has been doing rather well. I can also say that I have seen plenty of problems with all engines, but also seen plenty of miles on all engines.

That is an opinion, not a fact.

I am not biased towards one engine or another, but I can say that I've got over 2k miles on my HT and it has been doing rather well. I can also say that I have seen plenty of problems with all engines, but also seen plenty of miles on all engines.

I put 2,919 on my current HT motor. It is still running ok. The problems I have ran into with the engine were minor. Such as gaskets. Lately I have been having more problems with the bike itself more than the kit.

If the vendor is selling what they believe to be the right number at the price they charge, why would they lower the price?

If the vendor is selling what they believe to be the right number at the price they charge, why would they lower the price?

Please apply this thinking to "evil oil companies", "evil pharmaceutical companies", "evil insurance companies" and every "evil" industry you can think of. :)

Because of this thread, it is obvious that for some strange reason, MBc members are willing to pay more for engine kits than other people, so you're right - there is no incentive for them to lower their price. Good for them!

I already took advantage of the free market and bought my two engine kits from two different vendors on eBay, and I saved a bunch of money. (without GEICO!) I was trying to get some special deals for MBc members, but since a decent percentage of you obviously don't mind paying more for the same exact kits you can get cheaper elsewhere - have at it!

What I will say is that people are willing to pay more to buy from a vendor that has a presence here and is willing to engage MBers on service issues. That is not worth nothing to them, but is worth less to you. That's OK- there is no real right or wrong on this issue. Different people put value on different things.

Yes - but wouldn't you want to have a competitive price AND service?

I have no idea what these engines cost, but I do know that a lot of money is being made on shipping by the two eBay vendors I bought from. Auctions are being won for waaaaay less than even the "buy it now" pricing - so they are still making money, right?

If a vendor here said he would sell engines at a discount - say two for $300 shipped, I would have been happy to support a contributing member/vendor. I think a lot of other people feel the same way too. I don't know how much they would have made off the deal - but I do know that they made nothing at all because I bought elsewhere. The two vendors I bought from have excellent feedback, and while they probably wouldn't give any detailed phone support for install/tuning - I am confident that they would make good on any defective engines. If you need detailed support for installation and tuning, maybe a factory built scooter or MC with dealer support is for you - and not a motorized bike. (JMO)

Back