If you had to choose one...

What do you use your motored bike mostly for?

• Total voters
funny you mention being 10 years old again, I lose all sense of being adult when I ride my bike. All except the healthy respect for the stupidity of four wheel drivers. But it truly wipes away the years.

There is something about biking that unites the generations better than anything I have ever experienced. I get kids who stop me to ask in wonder about the bike with the two motors and the trailer filled with batteries. We sit in the road and talk about bikes of all things. At my age a young person almost never has anytime to waste on me.

It's amazing to me that a $25 rusty old bike with a couple of motor hanging on precariously somehow has made me cool. Now i guess I'll never convince my wife to buy me that porcha.

I must agree, - there's nothing better than heading off on a bicycle with an apple, a Marmite sandwich and a thermos of tea in your shoulder bag with no plan in mind except having the wind in your hair and the road under your tyres. :D

The dream of plan for the build.The pleasure of the build.The thrill of the first engine start.The high of the 10 mile rides.

90% for alternative transportation and economics. I laid up the motor car when our fuel prices hit $1.20 per litre. I simply made a decision to not entertain the costs of driving a motor car purely on economical reasons and budgeting then adapted my lifestyle accordingly.
The way I live my life, I don't really need a car. I can use a bus, ride a bike or the occasional taxi to buy time.
Then motored bikes came onto my scene and this is a bonus.

I can now get to the same places I'd get to with a car anyway at a far lesser cost and win back some lost time by using the motored bike.

For large shopping/grocery errands that are not frequent, but too much to carry on a bike, I can get to the store on the bike, and use a taxi to take large purchases or groceries home, then ride back on the bike and pay the taxi driver.
The cost factor is still less than the overall expense of running a car.

Last edited:
For large shopping/grocery errands that are not frequent, but too much to carry on a bike, I can get to the store on the bike, and use a taxi to take large purchases or groceries home, then ride back on the bike and pay the taxi driver.
The cost factor is still less than the overall expense of running a car.

Build a trailer!

Large Filipino
Build a trailer!

I want to build something that will safely carry a Geetar and a small Amp.
Not that I play, not at all. The fact is, it's the point of taking this concept a step further, it completes a "cycle" ! The buskers may need this at least.
The trailer is good idea, but it may not suit my personality, if that makes sense, but I'll build one anyway, just incase.

Back