If you had to choose one...

What do you use your motored bike mostly for?

• Total voters
excellent poll....these bikes are my transportation. but....they also provide much pleasure. often, I just ride, carelessly wasting gas.

hahaha. I don't get much of a chance to ride for pure pleasure these days. My bike does, however, beat any car to class since I can park right outside any class, instead of a half mile away, and I don't get stuck in traffic, and my whole bike was just over the cost of a parking permit for a year...

talk about being efficient...

When I got my first bike I had great intentions on it being for transportation. I quickly learned that although posible not necesarily practical. At the time I lived 25 miles from work and at 30mph I would have to leave at 5am and pray nothing fell off of my bike. On top of that there is no such thing as stable weather here in MI which makes for some horible ridding conditions. Also there is very little room to carry anything of substance on these bikes. So now I use my bike to run errands around town but mostly I enjoy jumping on a bike and finding a nice curvey country road and letting the wind blow through my hair. The only thing I have found that is more relaxing than these bikes is surfing and there ain't no waves here. Enjoy the ride...Kelly

sabrina was built for transportation, and if i'd had to answer this poll before i built her, i would vote for trans...

but having THIS particular transportation is nothing but a pleasure, prolly 80-20 in favor :D

I would like to say it for transportation, but realistically I am a fair weather person and around here it rains alot. So I would only use it when it is fair or nice outside. I would use it more for the short junts to the little grocery store and the ace hardware store when I need just a few items at the last minute. So it is mostly for pleasure and when I go camping I can have some wheels to putt around the area.

The freedom of energy efficient transportation is always a pleasure.

50/50

wheels

I had to vote for pleasure; though I have used my machines for both, generally, when it comes to purely transportation on two wheels I use my '67 Honda CL.
Which is currently outta comission. :(
But, there's nothin' I love more than gettin' out there on a two wheeler and just cruisin' away from it all...
Rif

I base my "pitch" on INDEPENDENCE. Having other customers running around the county, all have differing "main objectives".

A few guys are interested in exercise, one actually turns of the motor and physically pedals for an hour a day, he just got tired of seeing the same landscape, now explores a 60 mile radius.

I've never been able to get the "pitch" in a neat and tidy mathmatical model, but it sort of goes like this:

You have two/three cars in the driveway, all averaging 25 miles per gallon, plus all the auto overhead.

If you get a bike and just use it for small chores, stop and go shopping, banking, restauranting, and put those 200 mpg miles in the equation, you've (here comes the hard part) "tripled your hydrocarbon efficiency"

It's like the old Mahareshi Transcendental Meditation equation - get 10% to meditate daily and World Peace occurs.
Get 10% on MB's and energy independence occurs.

My electric tricycle was built to be my transportation, but I certainly do enjoy riding her. Exercise is a factor too since the Hercules is setup so that providing lpa (light pedal assistance) is necessary to get the best out of her.

Back