illegal to ride motorized bicycles in what states?

I know there are alot of rules and stuff for riding these motor bikes but what states DO NOT ALLOW these motorized bicycles.

It's not as simple as legal/not legal. Each state has an individual set of rules and regulations for engine size, speed, mirrors, lights, etc. So, in summary, if you really want to know...

...read, read, read!

It used to be legal in Hawaii, until around 2003 when the law was erased--something to do with local politics, bribery, and Segway machines.

The Hawaii laws currently don't define motorized bikes, but a bill to replace the law is in the works for next year. Unfortunately, the new law will only define electric motorized bikes and not internal combustion engines.

I think the laws on motorized bikes are also undefined in New York, and I'm not sure of Pennsylvania.

Im surprised they are defined here. Usually we are the last to get in on new legislation but I pulled em up and they are definitely in there. Our population here is pretty small so we dont get all the legislation a state like cali does. The wording does not specify wether they are supposed to use the road or bicycle trail but it does say you need a valid operaters license which I feel is wrong. I have a good license but this would be a good mode of transpo for those that got caught being naughty.

Legal in Calif, but require motorcycle license (M2) as well as lights, signals, and mirrors. Check out bicygnals.com

Back