im a victim of a hit-and-run

This version of a bicycle recording camera recently hit the shelves. I picked up my Vivitar Action Cam from Walmart having the WiFi feature. I'm not familiar with GoPro cameras, but this may be a lower price similar type device. Body cameras probably are not much different. The WiFi feature perhaps offers the possibility of a real time wireless screen mounted on the handle bars. A wrist watch like device (included) wirelessly controls the camera.

Vivitar action cam.JPG

Hit and run, road rage, makes the hassle of using recording cameras worth while.
Bicycle recording cameras should have their own forum thread; but as a out of the box quick test and evaluation, this product sold as a version 4, is usable as is. I have trouble believing the stats; but there appears to be enough 1080p recording time on a 32 gb memory card that is not necessary to use the available 3 min loop record and replace feature, making a troublesome (and not available) event shut off needed. Just turn in on and ride, let it save everything (5.5 hrs ?), delete manually and start over. It was also a surprise that it records sound; not bad for a family of devices under $100. As a quick mention, the 32 mb Micro SD (about $20) memory card is not included. The onboard viewing screen is easily scratched in particular when dinking around with the non waterproof mounting option. It takes a second charge to bring up a slow charging lithium battery.

Back