10:29 AM
Howdy all! I'm Jim Gallant, the Pacific NW guy that built these bikes:

Back to Back Tandem Recumbent Motorized Bicycle
Super Grocery Getter Motorized Bike
Motorized Cargo Bike
Motorized Raleigh 20 Folding Bicycle
Motorized Raleigh 20 Folding Bicycle - Version 2
Honda GX31 Power Assist Recumbent

I also posted a write up of the Motorized Bike Rally, Ocean Park, WA - August, 2008.

It's been over 10 years since I've built a bike. I'm retired now (no commuting) and I need a powered bike for errands around town. Specifically to get up a long steep hill to get to the pool across town where I swim regularly. I owned a Honda Reflex 250cc scooter for a couple of years, but sold it recently. Been pondering replacing it with an electric bike, probably using a kit, but I feel like the ebike technology is in early days. Most of the used ebikes I see on Craigslist have almost no miles on them, and I wonder why people are selling them so quickly. Anyway, in doing the math for cost of a ride, I still think motorized bicycles with a 4 stroke engine have the most bang for the buck, and are the most fun to ride. Sooooo, I'm scouring CL and Facebook Marketplace for free or cheap bikes. There are more interesting gear reducers and motors than there were 10+ years ago, which I'm excited about. I'll be posting questions about them. Anyway, I feel like I'm coming home when I browse this forum. It's nice to be back.

Welcome to you sir...willkommen mein herr...Cead Mile Failte...lol.

I think you will find our forums very much to your liking...DAMIEN

I know I will since I used to hang out here before. Strangely I wasn't able to access my old user account here. I don't mind starting a new account, but I suppose it'd be better to have my new posts consolidated with my old.

I know I will since I used to hang out here before. Strangely I wasn't able to access my old user account here. I don't mind starting a new account, but I suppose it'd be better to have my new posts consolidated with my old.
Let me know what the old account name it was under...I can have Anton, the owner/admin of the forums merge them together with this new name acct.

@nwguy...Don't forget to check your messages in the PM...Its that little envelope thingy right next to your screen name and avatar at top right of forum screen.

Back