I'm getting a new bike....

P

pianoman8t8

Ok, so my bike has absolutely no room for what i want to do anymore...

here is what i have....
289_picture_of_bike_in_driveway_5.jpg

I'm gonna get the new Huffy Santa Fe: http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...tness+&+Sports&cName=Bicycling&sName=Bicycles

I have an upgraded carb to put on, and i want to get one of those direct hit spark plug thingy's.... there is just no room on my bike right now for any of that...
any ideas/advice? would be much appreciated....

-pianoman

also, I want the one I'm going to be doing to be a clean build. The past one i did i don't feel was that great. I just kinda slapped it all together... I read somewhere about putting something between the engine mounts and the frame to keep it from scratching, and other stuff like that to make it a nice, clean build. I would like to hear what people have done with their bikes/builds and stuff pertaining to that kinda stuff..

Thanx

-pianoman

Go for the Schwinn, it has better brakes and a deraileur which will make tensioning the chain easier.

Moth

it depends on what you prefer. both frames look like cruzer frames so having said that if its the coasterbrake huffy if it were me . i would lose the tires and get black wall tire because the white walls show the oil to much on them from the chain and your having to wipe it off all the time and i would get a front brake drum . also it depends really on the style of brakes you want with the swhinn bike youll most certainly want to convert to a duel brake lever other than that its a cruzer frame and should be enough room for the engine and what you want to do. larry ca

go with the schwinn it looks like you'll have more room to work with for the engine, let us know which way you end up goin with these bikes....later

pianoman8t8 said:
also, I want the one I'm going to be doing to be a clean build. The past one i did i don't feel was that great. I just kinda slapped it all together... I read somewhere about putting something between the engine mounts and the frame to keep it from scratching, and other stuff like that to make it a nice, clean build. I would like to hear what people have done with their bikes/builds and stuff pertaining to that kinda stuff..

Thanx

-pianoman

I used an old inner tube that I cut into strips for motor mounts, and attached with electrical tape. Works pretty good for vibration absorbtion and protects the paint.
-Boardtracker

yeah, so i went to Wally World today (walmart) and found out that they dont have any of the schwinn cruisers in stock... so it looks like i'll have to order one. And then i went to K-mart, and realized, "how am i gonna get the sprocket on if the coaster brake lever thingy is in the way?" so anyway.. hey, does anyone have a picture of a schwinn cruiser build? the one i plan on getting is a 7-speed, and i was wondering if anyone has ever taken the shifter and moved it over to the other side of the handlebars. pictures would be good.

-pianoman

I have a Pacific cruiser bike, can't remember the name, but Pacific also makes the Schwinns. It'll have a twist shifter that is held in place by a set screw. I prefer to keep it on the same side but slide it farther onto the handlbar, mounting the brake lever and throttle outside of it. If you want to move it to the other side, it's no big deal.

The brakes on these bikes are much better than the coaster brake but it's not a big deal to deal with the brake lever on the coaster brake models.

Moth

Back