I'm getting a new bike....

I used to have a 60cc mounted on a "moon dog" cruiser. It was nearly a perfect fit. The engine ran great. Only problem was that the fenders broke off after a month. The front fender broke off causing me to crash. Luckily, I wasn't goin too fast. Next time, I will reinforce the fenders.

Hmmmm. Better go out and check the fenders on the wife's moondog. It's got a couple hundred miles on it.

Are you saying the vibration from the engine cracks them?

My bike never had any vibration problems. I rode the bike for a while before installing the engine. This might also be a reason why the fenders broke. The front fender broke first. I would check just to be safe. Louisiana also has the worst roads in the U.S.

Hard to say if it's just the engine vibration that cracks the fenders, or bumpy roads. Adding a couple extra braces would probably solve the problem.

Moth

just like the chainguard vibration cracks, it's because most fender braces are flat steel, even the slightest (prolonged) vibration is gonna lead to an eventual tear in the metal

I've been putting my bike together, slowly, and it should be done tomorrow after i get outta work... i took the rear fender off so i didn't have to mees with notching it for the chain, i dont have the tools to anyway, and swapping the engine from bike to bike, the drive chain (for engine) is absolutely PERFECT length and both chains are tight without any tensioners at all.... SWEEEEET! I'll try to get some pitures tomorrow. i did drill thought the frame for the front engine mount, though, but it came out good, so all is good. :D I stil gotta put on the gas tank, throttle cable, and i'm gonna see if i can get the clutch cable on again... Also, i put on the upgraded carb and air filter, i had to trim the rubber for the filter, and it BARELY fits in there.... you'll see in the pictures when i get some. I can't wait to ride it..

-pianoman

ok, so i hook up everything today, and again there is no spark. I bought a new CDI thing a few weeks ago, and still no spark. So now i'm getting a new coil thingy. (on the left side of the engine.) maybe that's fried? this sucks! i was hoping to get it at least running by this week... i guess not... (it's vacation week, nothing goes right or as planned)

-pianoman

Huffy santa fe

I got a Santa Fe from a Goodwill brand new for 40 bones. Took off all the lame stickers and it's really a beautiful bike. lots of fun and comfy to ride. I'm 6"2". I matched the color with Krylon. I did an Awesome fade job on the tank and painted the clutch and gear covers burgundy. I'm going to leave the coaster brake on the back and install a caliper on the front in the fender mounting hole. oh yeah and I got some apehangers and a Mikuni vm18 carb. Dudes this bike is looking so sweet. Really got lucky on the bike! The only thing I need is a tuned pipe but I really can't afford it right now. I got this kit from luckyearlybird on ebay and just hi tempt it black. I haven't ran it yet but she gave me some really good parts. 4 piece muffler, thick handgrips, new style clutch cable holder and the tall ball bearing idler. I think she will probably get good feedback from me. after I ride it for a while. Shiny side up!:devilish:

Back