I'm having trouble with my speedometer.

I have a cheap Ebay odometer, mph, time device. If anything with a magnetic field gets close it resets. I had the tach mounted on the other side the handlebar stem and the speedo reset.....phone too close and reset.
It's a temperamental little bugger. Any magnetic field even close to the wire going down on the fork.....reset.
I moved the tach on the bar behind the fuel tank and keep my phone away and it has been fine ever since.

I have a cheap Ebay odometer, mph, time device. If anything with a magnetic field gets close it resets. I had the tach mounted on the other side the handlebar stem and the speedo reset.....phone too close and reset.
It's a temperamental little bugger. Any magnetic field even close to the wire going down on the fork.....reset.
I moved the tach on the bar behind the fuel tank and keep my phone away and it has been fine ever since.
Smart Phone mounted on M/B
I hear mounting smart phones on M/C & M/B causes alot of vibration to the phone and the Gyros go bad ruining the phone.

Smart Phone
I hear mounting smart phones on M/C & M/B causes alot of vibration to the phone and the Gyros go bad ruining the phone.
Yeah I've heard these motor bikes wreaks havoc on the smart phones. I've also read & heard the more rigid your phone mount is, the worse it's on your phone. Alot of guys are blaming it on the rigid phone mounts.

Smart Phone mounted on M/B
I've never mounted my phone on the bike. Just get it close to the speedo and it resets sometimes. I guess you do get what you pay for. This speedometer was $6.
Thanks for the tip. I'll never mount the phone on the bike.

I've never mounted my phone on the bike. Just get it close to the speedo and it resets sometimes. I guess you do get what you pay for. This speedometer was $6.
Thanks for the tip. I'll never mount the phone on the bike.
Buy one that's at least $15+ and the problem should go away.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back