Im new and dont have a bike yet

WAX

Local time
7:33 AM
Hi I am from santa cruz and trying to figure out what kind of stuff to get to make a sweet ride. I have done mopeds before but never a motorized bike.

You can use a "first bike" as a great learning experience, then search for your ultimate frame. You'll note a lot of MBers have more than one ride, and often move the engine from one build to the next.

Take a look in Craiglist, see if you find a good cruiser style bike, which can be modified later. My advise is avoid single speeds and 3 speeds, look around for a 7 speed with wide tires.

NEW? Schwinn has new 7 speeds at around $150, the Jaguars and Pointe Beaches are 2 model names.

Next step up is the Sun's Cruz 7 and other models, about $300-400. If you google "cruiser bikes" you'll see the range of prices and models.

Ultimately, I'm hoping the California Stretch Cruiser comes out with a seven speed w/ hand brakes, the only ones I've seen are singlespeeds w/coaster brakes, and I'm NOT a fan of foot braking.

Front and rear hand brakes have always seemed safer, especially on wet roads.

welcome wax
noticed you are located in Calif
it's pretty cool -- here in Calif the DMV offers a motorized bicycle license plate
there are some simple requirements to be met
keeping everyTHING legal in Calif is always a good THING as we know
I like the low noise 4-stroke models -- to each his own as we

ride those motor bike THINGS

Back