im new and trying to build help me out

D

dixiedevil

Im wanting to put a motor on a stingray chopper... I know a good deall about motorcycle i ride dirtbikes and own a honda cr125... but i wan to put this stigray together for some funn...i have a mig welder and i am pretty good at using it... i built a lot of thing in my life but im trying to avoid spending a lot of money on a engine and i am more interested in snagging an engine of a tiller or somehting of the sort... i notice no one has talked about any motors except moped motors.... anybody know anything about putting B&S engines on bikes... i had a 5hp but it was shot and going to require modifications... but i kinda want somehting that will haul ass and pop wheelies... any suggestions.... techinaclly i want ti streat legal an in Alabama its under 5 hp so... any ideas, tips what not?

G

Welcome Dixiedevil!

You will probably have more luck if you ask questions in the "tech" section or the "General questions" area.

There are a couple of bikes here I think, with a briggs type engine.

bamabikeguy

Where in Bama?

Come on up and test ride a 25 cc GEBE, I'm putting on a 35 for a guy in B'ham next monday.

I'm in Cullman Co, next to the Mulberry River.

D

dixiedevil

I live in Birmingham, and go to UAB ... im trying to do this with the least money spent..... got the bike got the know(sort a) need n engine and ill go from there...

G

gone_fishin

dixiedevil, my dreambike would have a B & S 5-hp minibike engine, old school, centrifugal clutch/belt drive.

it's gonna be cool to see what you come up with, welcome to MBc 8)

bamabikeguy

I gave B'ham/Jeff Co a 4 day ride-about last July, over the Mtn twice via Mtn Brook/Green Springs/Alford/Bluff Park....

Anyway, happy to help.

D

dixiedevil

i want to put what ever i can get my hands on on the stingray but i want it fast and able to go up hill with ease... are those bike made out of aluminum or are they steel cuz all i have is a MIG welder(non gas)but im pretty good at it.. i can make some fram adjustments but if i caqn get a 5hp BS engine what else am i gonan need to find...???

D

dixiedevil

good news... and nevermind... im getting a free 80cc moped kit from a friend thing is brand new... Im so stoked. but got to wait till he gets back in town to go get it.....

D

dixiedevil

new from AL

whats up every one. im new here and finally starting on my project involving a stingray chopper and a 200c carter motor.. suprisingly that fits snuggly in the gap...Im presently stuck on a few issues. mainly the brake and electrical situation. THe brake is the most important i trying to figur eout what is the best route for me in that would it be cheaper to buy the hub and the disc kit and do it myself. which i odnt htink would be a problem or for $180-200 (kit&installation) the bike shop down the street will do it... im basically trying to save money here... Im htinking i will just get the guys down the street to do it but i mean Suggestions are mroe than welcome

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!