I’m ready for FD

MadCat

Local time
6:10 AM
Just finished a 79cc bike and it was cool but It’s still a work in progress. I’m ready for another project and friction drive looks like the way to go. I’m sure I’m going with a Stanton kit but I’m not sure about the engine yet. Almost sure I’m going 4 stroke but I don’t mind a peppy 2 stroke if it makes more power. Also, I’m looking for the right bike. I’m tall and most comfortable on a 29” bike.

I've got a New Staton friction drive for sale in the classifieds in this forum. Check it out.

I looked it up, what engine is it made for? Also, I think I need longer mounting hardware since I’m using it on a 29 incher

I've also got some engines for sale in the classifieds it will fit. These are the engines it will fit: Mitsubishi TLE 33 and TLE 43., Robin Subaru EH035, Tanaka PF-3300 or PF-4000. also the Honda GX35 and others with the 76mm clutch. I'm not sure but you might need to order this from Staton to make it work on a 29" tire...............
http://www.staton-inc.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=2242

Friction drive is THE way to go if it doesn't rain much or you don't have to climb mountains. I have a Trek 26" mountain bike converted to a road bike with a large comfortable seat, much higher bars, road tires, and a Staton friction drive kit with a Honda GX35 engine. It's fine for running around southern AZ, and it's quiet, which is important. The cops are getting a lot of complaints about loud motorized bikes. A 2 stroke with an expansion chamber is not the way to stay out of trouble. I'm planning on building a 4 stroke shifter bike so I can ride in the mountains up north.

A shifter is the way to go if you have mountains to climb. I have run a Shifter in the mountains and it is the best. Next was my friction drive. Last place is the GEBE.

Back