I’m starting old thread again(Take a tip give a tip)

here's another one.

Once you see red and blue.

Head over to the shoulder nearest to you

And when he gets out, that's when you throttle out!

saves you on having to register and insure the bike like your supposed to ;)

When I have to change a tube out, I always put it in a plastic bag or Ziploc with baby powder and shake it real good to prevent it from sticking if moisture gets in the wheel, and I always mount my tire where the valve stem is right where it says the recommended tire pressure , cause I got a few bikes I only ride once in a blue moon, so I forget what I run in the tire
Yes I line up my valve stem with the recommended tire pressure on the side of the tire too . Nice and proper.

TIP - If ya got a Old Heavy Duty inner tube use the skin and make yourself an extra heavy duty tube.
Put the new tube in the old tube skin

Some more good tips are coming out . I’m loving this I’m learning some good stuff.

I use the MSD firewire, 8 mm solid core. Get them in a kit, the kit is made for a V8 so a lot more wire than ends. I have to sand down the wire where it screws into the CDI.
I’ve always use just plan old 8mm auto parts ignition silicone wire just cut the one end that I don’t use. I’ve just shave it a bit to screw it in cdi

I’ve always use just plan old 8mm auto parts ignition silicone wire just cut the one end that I don’t use. I’ve just shave it a bit to screw it in cdi
Silicone wires can crack and leave you stranded. A solid core wire screws on the CDI with good contact.

How does everyone adjust their spokes to the right tension?

How about using a digital guitar tuner?

Clamp the tuner on or near the spoke and
pluck the spoke like a guitar string.

Observe which note registered on the tuner.
Adjust as needed.
Move along the wheel, maybe in a star pattern, like how mechanics tighten bolt pattern.

WORD OF CAUTION: I've never tightenen spokes like this before.
The idea popped into my head.

I just might try this with my ukulele tuner.

don't have a torque wrench? no problem!

just keep tightening the bolt until it becomes loose, then back of a 1/4 of a turn.

Natures torque wrench!
What? Tighten until loose?

Take a breaker bar and mark it at 12". Attach a fish scale at that point.
Pull on the scale until you get the reading you want.
Instant torque wrench.

What? Tighten until loose?

Take a breaker bar and mark it at 12". Attach a fish scale at that point.
Pull on the scale until you get the reading you want.
Instant torque wrench.
yea I was joking, you ever tighten a bolt too tight and it strips out the threads and becomes "loose"?

but a torque wrench is like what, 10$ at harbor frieght now?

Back