Carby Imitation Delorto Carb Install

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Rockjaw, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

Ok my posts will start slowing down because i learned a lot thanks..so now I just want to upgrade carbs..i bought this imitation delorto carb ..carb says Runtong on it...i dont see any youtube videos on how to install them...i have no clue on how to install the throttle cable. Any idea?
    Rock jaw!

Attached Files:

<
  2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

that extension for a cable that is very obvious in the photo is for the choke cable. The throttle cable controls the slide position. unscrew the top of the carb to remove the slide and see where the cable connects to.

3. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

thanks Jag!..i guess the set up is different with the china carbs...

Attached Files:

4. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

what is weird is seeing the manual lever choke now. So what is the other cable for?

5. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

yeah it has a choke lever already..i have no clue about this carb..i wrote to Juice moto parts asking if they had a tutorial for installing one

6. OCCStingray

OCCStingray Member

I have a similar carby with the choke lever that you set and will clip off with full throttle.
    I thought the other was for the accelerator cable.

7. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

anyone know how the throttle cable hooks up?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  8. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

the end knub of the throttle cable slides in to the top of the slide where this picture shows by the yellow arrow:
    Picture 21.png

Rockjaw likes this.
  9. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

ok thanks Jag..broke the cherry! ..i will have to make a video for this i dont see one on youtube

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  10. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

watched a vid of this last week on youtube - guy had trouble with end of cable not fitting

didn't save location tho

11. jhammondcpa

jhammondcpa Active Member

Rockjaw likes this.
  12. Rockjaw

Rockjaw Member

got it! thanks all.. i want to install this carb on a friends bike but I was told the carb needs to be jetted ...any videos on how to jet it?

13. jhammondcpa

jhammondcpa Active Member

Check out this link to my friends online bike store for a visual of the jets. I bought this carb and it came with all the jets. I think I am using the 65mm. If you take off the bottom fuel bowl you will see where you can change the jet. The only other carb adjustment is the air intake which is a screw with a spring on the right side of mine. Also make sure your throttle cable is tight so that the automatic choke release functions when you use full throttle the first time after starting. Always glad to help! www.bicyclemotorworks.com/store/products-page/racing-carburetor-cable-5-jets/#.U_CKQGPDX8o

Rockjaw likes this.
  14. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

click on my signature link to see how I custom jetted my Dellorto SHA

Rockjaw and jhammondcpa like this.