imports banned??

W

wheelsmith

thanks old pete ,,for getting me pointed in right direction,,,ok newbie here,,can some one explain this no imports of 2 strokes from china thing??the kings motorbikes fellow must have a ton of them ??says i can get one anytime ,,allready sent me two kits,,and secondly i'm not the wheelsmith who does the wheel rebuilding ,,we do complete chopper bobber frames for triumph and bsa ,,also yamaha 650,,,i do the boardtrackers as a sideline using 26" bike frames,,hope i picked the correct spot for this question ,,thanks ,,regards ,,wheelsmith

I'll make it simple for ya. It's illegal to ship the motor completed but if sent in two pieces then it's AOk.
Doc

easy enough,,thanks doc

doc ,,mucho thanks ,,easy enough,,next question ,,whos the porting expert ??can i get a gyt kit barrel,,,in the 60s yamaha called factory race kits a gyt kit,,honda raceing called there early race parts"810",,the last of these was for cr 92,,cb 72 by 67 after market took over,,so much for history ,,hope this question is in correct forum??,,,some body keep me cool on stuff please till i get the right groove,,,thanx WHEELSMITH

i got of the phone with don grubee and he sayed that the import people who take in a ll the documents know who we are know where we are and just dont have to man power people or money to do the bust on the companeys but know that it is going on but chose to hang back and let us get away with it hahaha but its only a matter of time but he said he is untacheble in china

doc ,,mucho thanks ,,easy enough,,next question ,,whos the porting expert ??can i get a gyt kit barrel,,,in the 60s yamaha called factory race kits a gyt kit,,honda raceing called there early race parts"810",,the last of these was for cr 92,,cb 72 by 67 after market took over,,so much for history ,,hope this question is in correct forum??,,,some body keep me cool on stuff please till i get the right groove,,,thanx WHEELSMITH

Porting China strokers? Search and read the posts of Egor...then PM him into your post about porting. Good luck! Scotty from Star Trek, "I think she's going to blow Captain!" Hahahaha!

old pete ,,the guru

homage to the high lord ,,of the mbc set ,,old pete,,,your the best ,,,thanks again,,regards ,,newbie WHEELSMITH

homage to the high lord ,,of the mbc set ,,old pete,,,your the best ,,,thanks again,,regards ,,newbie WHEELSMITH

No sucking up. ;)

One of the vendors that posts here stated that the Nipponese small engine builders were most highly upset about what was coming into the USA from China and put pressure on the FEDs. Parts(disassembled engines) will dry up at some point in the future but who knows when?

Way Off Topic: PM me the URL for the bobber frames...I'm just curious. I am shopping for a '93 TDM Yamaha ATM(counter balanced parallel twin). M/Cs can only be posted about in the White Zone or Heritage Lane.

assembling engines

NOT TRUE! I was informed by an email from EPA that the fine for assembling "illegal Motorcycle engines" was $35,000 per engine, and that they were lumping ANY 2-wheel engine into that class.

TRUE that they have not lowered the boom yet, but you may wish to post what kind of ciggarrettes you like, and what kind of condoms you may not be allergic to, so that when they come "a-callin" someone will put "money on your books' while you rot in jail!

It's ok if you are brave, and think that the smuggling goes unnoticed, just get your ciggarettes and "pin money" all settled befroe you get a "US Government Certified Vacation" at the newly remodeled facility of THIER choice.

Mike

doing time for 80cc crime??

well thanks fellows think i got the handwriting on the wall ,,have seen the simpson stuff ,,cool ,,,no need spending anymore ink on my newbie question,,,so far ,out of two engines,not a hicup from them ,,and i'm a 3x dude ,,look for my "brooklands racer "COMING SOON ,,i'll sort out the parts thing when i blow one ,,i prefure 4 strokes anyways ,,,wheelsmith

Mike's response- very true- higlights the difference between what is legal and what you can get away with for a while.

You see- some people think that they are smarter than the law makers (and in some way they are) but they are not when it comes to writing laws. Well the importation of "parts" may techinically be legal, I can assure you that there is a law preventing the importation of something as parts with the intention of assembling an entire engine from the new "parts"- and, as Mike said, the assembling itself is illegal.

Just because a law is not enforced does not mean something is "legal".

Back