In-Frame screw holes

Zev0

Local time
11:00 AM
Just a quick question. Does anyone know what size the screws/bolts are that screw into the pre-drilled holes in commercial bike frames. I need to get longer ones so I can bolt my rear carrier rack over top of my fender. The ones that come with the bike are about 1/2 to 1" short.

Thanks

Stewart

I'm sure they could be different on every bike, but on my Giant Rincon they are a 10-32 screw or an AN3 bolt (3/16).

You didn't say what type of bike you are wanting these screws to fit, but generally fasteners for bicycles are metric. Rack and H20 fittings usually are whats called M4's. You should be able to find them in varying lengths at your local ACE Hardware.

ocscully

You didn't say what type of bike you are wanting these screws to fit, but generally fasteners for bicycles are metric. Rack and H20 fittings usually are whats called M4's. You should be able to find them in varying lengths at your local ACE Hardware.

ocscully

Well, I bought a industrial bike from spookytooth. The screws from my Giant Mountain bike fit, but they're too short. Don't know if that helps you or not.

I would take the bolt that is too short to the hardware store
match the threads and get a longer one

I agree... it is probably m4

Well, I bought a industrial bike from spookytooth. The screws from my Giant Mountain bike fit, but they're too short. Don't know if that helps you or not.

If the fasteners from the Giant fit then they are M4's you can usually find them in the Metric SS boxes at most Ace Hardware stores.

ocscully

Back