Inaccessible Idle Screw - Need Thumb Screw - What is the thread size?

yuckfoo

Local time
2:50 PM
My build is on a Mongoose Dolomite. Even with an extended manifold my idle screw can not be adjusted with the smallest of screwdrivers. I want to change the screw to a knurled thumb screw. What is the thread size of the NT carb idle screw? Thanks.

pull it out, take it to the hardware store, start trying metric nuts. Then you got it and can find it in the bin while you are there. Then you can come back and tell us. I dont use nt carbs, but wanted to help and would like to know the answer too. lol

Even with an extended manifold my idle screw can not be adjusted with the smallest of screwdrivers
If you mean that the screw will not turn, or makes zero difference when it is turned, that means that the round, drum shaped slide holding the needle valve has been put in 180 degrees off...turn it around if thats the case...DAMIEN

If you mean that the screw will not turn, or makes zero difference when it is turned, that means that the round, drum shaped slide holding the needle valve has been put in 180 degrees off...turn it around if thats the case...DAMIEN
No I mean you just can't get a screwdriver on the screw. It's physically impossible due to the small triangle.

Attachments

• carb.jpg
    carb.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 117
  • carb 01.jpg
    carb 01.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 102
Flip the intake manifold the other way, putting the carb on the other side.

Flip the intake manifold the other way, putting the carb on the other side.
"It doesn't work that way." I started to write. Because the manifold is also angled. Where it is now it's angled up. On the other side it would be angled down. I think there may be trouble with fuel flow if it's on the other side. The reason why I didn't at first was because it would just be easier (better) to have it on the same side as the petcock. But I will try it out although I suspect it may hinder fuel flow. Thanks.

"It doesn't work that way." I started to write. Because the manifold is also angled. Where it is now it's angled up. On the other side it would be angled down. I think there may be trouble with fuel flow if it's on the other side. The reason why I didn't at first was because it would just be easier (better) to have it on the same side as the petcock. But I will try it out although I suspect it may hinder fuel flow. Thanks.
I know what ya mean. some of them are angled out and up and can only go to one side. You can angle it back the other way if you have a welder and a saw to hack a line or two in the side you wanna bring up.

Back