Incorrect timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth66

Local time
6:29 PM
I have a 66cc 2 stroke bike that won't start. It has spark, it has compression, and gas is getting to the engine. The only thing I can think of is timing. Does the CDI control timing or the magneto? How do I test? It was worked fine for a long time. I shut it off and went to start it a few minutes later and nothing happened. That happened a few months ago and I have been trying to fix it since then. Any suggestions?

Have you check the head and made sure it was torqued correctly? I had a similar issue it was very hard too start and are you getting a nice bright blue spark? also try to start it without the exhaust in case it closed internally and have you checked the carb bowl and see if everything is correct inside?

has spark, it has compression, and gas is getting to the engine
we hear that a lot here, and spark is usually hard to miss, but the compression and gas inside the cylinder often turn out to be wrong

one needs to use a gauge to determine if compression is right, and even if spark plug is wet, there may be too much fuel getting to cylinder

read for a while here as the info is available - for a test, one can take carb off and put a few drops of gas in cylinder just to see if it pops a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back