Increase intake length on 2/stroke

geebt48cc

Local time
1:58 AM
Hey there,

66cc Slant is doing everything well, but after I increased the intake length to 9" it lost some of the bottom end torque? (just the opposite of why I did it to begin with?) I've sealed everything on new intake with JBWELD because I new that this would be a one time only fix.

Well, its still a bit slower starting out, but then pretty much runs the same (bit less torque) than it did before I lengthened intake from stock to 9"? Main problem is when I pull in clutch handle it wants to rev up to very high RPMs? If I nurse throttle slowly, it will idle fine.

Checking plug after 10/mile run, and its a clean tan burn. I'm confused because if there was a air leak causing revving, then I wouldn't think plug wouldn't look such a good tan (chocolate color) after 10/mile run?

.............PS: I would be introuble if I didn't have the kill switch when it starts revving so high at idle?

Any other ideas?

Thanks very...............Glen:confused:

Plug readings are less reliable on these little weak engines.
Did you find the air leak yet?

Hey there Jaguar,

Wellllllllllllllllllll? It's not the head or base of engine. I resealed intake to Jug (I know it looks like alot of black sealant, but just wanted to make sure at first it can't leak) I've taken everything back apart that does'nt have JB on it, and reassembled. So, I'm going to check today if weather cooperates.

Appreciate once again you asking.............

Attachments

• IMG_2143.jpg
    IMG_2143.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,098
hi now i can see the picture better i should told you if you stall have the air leak i bet you it at the threads steel and copper don't like to mat good try useing some thread sealet for the threads that y i braze my barb fitting in for my boost bottle and then i jb wald because the threads alway leak :unsure:

Good deal Proctor.......

I used JBweld on the threads + carb. I cut just a bit off to get better fit, and it's right at 8.5" total. Took out today about 5/miles and do believe now it's better than before. lol, See it takes awhile to check preformance because the weather here is so eradic this time of yr. So, hope that 8.5" is the length I want for a 2010 Skyhawk 66cc, cause I can't go back now after using JBweld huh.....

.............but I do believe I'm on to something here, but checked plug, and now it's a very light tan............I might drop one?

Thanks for checking out................. Glen

Yeah, put something on the threads where the hose clamps onto them or else you'll have a leak there.

Main problem is when I pull in clutch handle it wants to rev up to very high RPMs? If I nurse throttle slowly, it will idle fine.

I have similar symptoms to what you describe even with my small extension.. had to do it to clear the frame. You have no leak trust me Ive tried everything. I think the extra length/volume is somehow siphoning fuel out during deceleration .. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 790
Back